Author Topic: Teunion/Tewnion Family  (Read 4867 times)

Offline atewnion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Teunion/Tewnion Family
« on: Sunday 28 November 04 21:35 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any information on James Teunion
James was born approx. 1765 we was married to Janet Thomson in Forglen Banff on Aug. 17  1793. He died Jan 14th 1828. I am having trouble finding his exact birthdate and place of birth, and his parents names.
Any information would be a great help.
Thanks
Audrey
Tewnion, Teunion, Teunon in Scotland and Canada

Offline Rickr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Teunion/Tewnion Family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 March 08 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have been tracing an Isobel Teunion from 1816. She was born in a hamlet called Forglen, which used to be called T'Eunion (from St Eunion) he almost certainly came from there

Offline atewnion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 March 08 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help. I have been stuck on this for a long time now. Any new information helps. i will try using this information to get me going again.
audrey
Tewnion, Teunion, Teunon in Scotland and Canada

Offline AlanZed

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 01:06 BST (UK) »
I don't have the answer to your specific question about James Teunion and Janet Thomson, but it seems they had a daughter Isabel Teunion on 7 Jun 1795 shortly after their marriage in 1793. There was also a Janet and Robert Teunon born in 1797 and 1799 in Forglen.

Isabel Teunion married James Raeburn (in Forgeln) in 1816, and had 7 children including one set of twins between 1816 and 1826.  She died shortly after the birth of their son James, on 15 May 1826. James Raeburn remarried (a Mary Young) in 1833. 

They are buried in Forglen Churchyard where their inscription (which I suspect you already have) reads: 

Erected to the memory of James Teunion late Crofter, Forglen, died 14 January 1828 aged 63; also his spouse Janet Thomson died 17 July 1841 aged 75; Isabella Teunion spouse of James Raeburn died 15 May 1826 aged 31 years.

Offline MartyD111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 September 20 11:59 BST (UK) »
Sorry if I'm coming to this much later. I can't tell from the post what year this request was made. I hope this information is still worthwhile.

James Teunion and Janet Thomson are also in my family tree (Jane Anne Teunon 1881-1967 was my paternal great grandmother) and I have recently been working on this line. I'm descended from James' and Janet's son, also James, born 1803 in Forglen. I attach the parish record of his birth which cites James and Janet as parents. Note that their surname is written as Teunon, which is another variation of spelling. My more recent ancestors used this spelling.

I also searched the parish records on Scotland's people using all three surname variations with no luck. I also couldn't find a record of James and Janet's marriage, either. I also tried Aberdeenshire and Morayshire, with no luck there either. Perhaps the records were lost, possibly from a church that ceased to exist?

Good luck with your search, Martin

Offline MartyD111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 September 20 13:08 BST (UK) »
Image attached