Author Topic: Hannah Hauxwell  (Read 17528 times)

Offline Jenzzzz11

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hannah Hauxwell
« on: Monday 02 April 07 13:58 BST (UK) »

Hi my name is Jennifer Hawkswell and my Great Grandfather was called Herbert Hauxwell (he changed the spelling of his name when he got married to my Surname now). He was born in 1884 in Crakehall. I've been doing lots of research into the Hauxwell/Hawkswell side of my family recently and my Dad and Grandad (Leslie Hawkswell) wondered whether Hannah Bayles Tallentire Hauxwell was a relation to us.

The reason why we thought so is because my Dad's auntie May looks very much like Hannah Hauxwell and both were born within a few years of each other. Just wondering whether anyone has any more information on Hannah’s tree or relatives? She became quite well known for her little adventures to America and around the world and the likeness between her and my Dad’s auntie is really spooky.

I haven’t managed to fill in some of my Hauxwell/Hawkswell marriages so there still might be a chance that I’ve missed out some valuable information along the way.

If anyone has any information I would be very grateful.

Thanks, Jeni Hawkswell.
Hauxwell, Hawkswell, Benson, Lowe, Rose, Blackett, Wrightson, Abrahams, Spence, Rider, Lamb, Sutton, Iredale, Wilson, Holmes, Purcell.

Offline Pels.

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Hauxwell
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 April 07 14:06 BST (UK) »

Hi Jeni,  :)

Have a look at these two links - it might be worth your while getting in contact
and hopefully you can tie your two families together. I believe there
is also a connection to Hannah Hauxwell.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,11966.0.html

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ee/

The villages of Hornby and Crakehall are approx. 2 miles apart!  :)

Kindest regards.

Pels  :)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jenzzzz11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 April 07 14:51 BST (UK) »
Cheers Pels,

I have investigated! I've tried racking my brains and searching endlessly through a very small portion of Hannah's family tree which was photocopied out of a book by my Boyfriends Mum. I didn't come up with anything but sometimes it takes fresh eyes or someone who knows a little better!  :)

Thanks, Jeni.
Hauxwell, Hawkswell, Benson, Lowe, Rose, Blackett, Wrightson, Abrahams, Spence, Rider, Lamb, Sutton, Iredale, Wilson, Holmes, Purcell.

Offline Ceeoh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 April 07 21:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennifer,
My father had a brother Alfred Porteous who married a Mary Hauxwell in 1916.  Mary had a sister Elizabeth (Lizzie).
Mary's grandson has always understood that his grandmother was connected to Hannah Hauxwell, but sorry I don't know how.  I could write to him by snail mail but you may have to wait a while for an answer.

Offline Maddie1313

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 February 10 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jenifer

My name is Marion Jackson, my maiden name Marion Wrightson. I have just started searching my family tree. My grandfather was Leonard Abraham Wrightson and his father Henry Wrightson.  I saw that you had some postings about my grandparents. 

I would be very interested to find out anything else, that perhaps if you have time you could help me with.

Offline Pels.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 February 10 16:52 GMT (UK) »

Hi Marion,

Welcome to RootsChat !!  :) :)

I've just checked and Jeni hasn't logged on for a year. If her notifications are set for her only to receive an email for the first reply to a thread, she might not see you've tried to contact her.

If you respond to me on here, you will then have made two posts. This will activate the personal message option and enable you to send Jeni a personal message. She will hopefully then be prompted by email to respond.

Hope that makes sense ?

Kindest regards,

Pels.

Offline Maddie1313

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 February 10 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Thank you very much for your quick reply.  I knew it would be a longshot when I saw the date of the post.  Hopefully by replying to your email Jeni will be sent a personal email and read my post.  The original post was regarding my grandparents Ronald Wrightson and Henry Wrightson.  I have always been aware of a story regarding Henry Wrightson and his name being changed.  When I saw it in the post I couldn't believe this had been confirmed. 

I would be very grateful if you are able to send Jeni a email or generate one.  I would love to hear any further details she has on my family.

Best wishes

Marion

Offline Pels.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 23 February 10 12:50 GMT (UK) »

Hello again Marion,

Now you've made your two posts, if you look at your last reply to me, you will see this little icon on your profile :

That is where you can send Jeni a personal message yourself, ie by clicking on the small scroll where you can see it under her name. Might be advisable not to write too much initially, in case she doesn't read it.

If you struggle please don't hesitate to get back to me.

Good luck,

Pels. 

Offline barney

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 23 February 10 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I dont much about the Hauxwell line but here's the little I have:

Hannah b. 1926 to William Bayles Hauxwell  b. 1896 & Lydia Sayer Tallentire
Wm Bayles Hauxwell b. 1896 to James Hauxwell (b. 1855 Barnard Castle) & Elizabeth Bayles.
James Hauxwell b. 1855 to Thomas Hauxwell b. 1830 in Manfield & Mary ?

Hope this is of some help.

I descend from Elizabeth Bayles' mothers line and am 4th cousin to Hannah.

Regards
Lois
NTH YORKS, DURHAM - Dent, Raine, Alderson, Bainbridge, Tarn, Manistry, Ramage, Sedgewick, Airey, Moore, Todd, Campbell, Gowland, Husband, Schorah, Wignall.
NTH YORKS -  Biggins, Johnson, Hindson, Leng, Bowes, Garbutt, Goldsborough, Langstaff.
NEWCASTLE - Pascoe, Sanderson, Willey.
WESTMORLAND - Weightman