Author Topic: Venn Family  (Read 1509 times)

Offline lyndsey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Venn Family
« on: Sunday 08 April 07 09:10 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me by finding any address in the early 1900s for Mr William Venn.
No matter how small any info will be greatly received.
Thankyou
England,Ireland,Wales,Canada,
Bristol,Enniscorthy,Quebec.
Names:
Colston,Doyle,Duffy or Duffield, Lacroix.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Venn Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 April 07 09:19 BST (UK) »
There are 17 on the 1901 census in Gloucestershire, Lyndsey.

Do you have him on that census?

More clues please!!

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline lyndsey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 April 07 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for the responce.
I am trying to connect him to an address 56 Glenburn Road or Glenburn House which is in the Two mile Hill area of Bristol.

Also thanks for the map info. I am trying really to find out who owned the land that his house was built on.  I have the deeds. But to be quite I can understand the lingo.
With respects
Lyn.s
Names:

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 April 07 15:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Lindsey

I am afraid the 1901 census must be too early - maybe they moved later on to Kingswood?

What date was the house built, according to the deeds?

Lots of Rootschatters are used to reading deeds etc, so if you get stuck, just post the bits you aren't sure of.  Best to type them out, rather than trying to post the whole thing.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline lyndsey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 April 07 21:13 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the reply

It says on the deeds that William Venn owned the property from 1914 if my reading is correct.
But I am afraid there is quite a lot of jargon saying God know what Ha!
I wonder if you know a way to find out who owned the land that is was built on, any ideals ?
Names: