Author Topic: Guerin  (Read 13732 times)

Offline TaffyBlue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Guerin
« on: Saturday 14 April 07 23:06 BST (UK) »
I am searching for information on James Guerin b1845 in Co Clare.  He was married in London in 1875 but don't know when he moved away from Ireland.

This is all the information I have, so any help towards possible births, parents, etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks

TB
FLOWERDEW - Norfolk, GUERIN - London, HAMER - Wales, MARUBBI - Wales/Italy, HODGES - Cheshire, NOBBS - Yarmouth, Norfolk, WILLIAMS - Caernarfonshire, WILSON - Glasgow, WOOLSEY - Norfolk

Offline ThereseSC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Guerin
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 April 07 12:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have a note of the Griffith Valuation of 1855 which states that Michael Guerin and Denis Guerin owned land with others (including my relative) at Caherbarnagh, Liscannor, Clare.  Does this help in any way?

Therese
Dunleavy - Clare, Ireland
King - Clones, Fermanagh/Monaghan, Ireland
Gawley - Clones, Fermanagh/Monaghan, Ireland

Offline TaffyBlue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 April 07 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Therese,

I will jot the details down.  When you have as little information as I do, everything is a help.

Thank you for taking the time.

Regards

TB
FLOWERDEW - Norfolk, GUERIN - London, HAMER - Wales, MARUBBI - Wales/Italy, HODGES - Cheshire, NOBBS - Yarmouth, Norfolk, WILLIAMS - Caernarfonshire, WILSON - Glasgow, WOOLSEY - Norfolk

Offline Gill B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 August 08 20:21 BST (UK) »
My grandmother was Nora GUERIN before she married. She was born in Moynoe near Scariff in County Clare in the 1880s. She had a brother Denis and several sisters. Their parents were Peter GUERIN and Bridget HART. It was a second marriage for Peter. his father was called Martin and I believe but don't know for sure that he is connected to Cornelius GUERIN who appears on Griffiths Valuation in that area

if you thnk they might be connected get in touch and I'll send further details. I'm also in touch with some other GUERIN descendants around the world

Offline brad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 02 January 09 09:12 GMT (UK) »
hI there , I am also researching guerin from Moynoe Clare  my great grandmother Margaret O'Brien married Robert Guerin  and they had about 5 children. Is there a connection would like to hear from you. Brad.
OXFORD: Humphries, Stanford Savins Riddle Harper:
LONDON: Ambridge.Skinner.Cole MacDonald.
Germany : Otto .Grabouski:
Poland :Grabouski.
Essex : Peagram.
Lancashire: Livesey.
Northern Ireland:O'Loan.Bradley. O'Kane.
Ireland. Carroll --Wicklow.Coughlan--Waterford:Carton Wicklow.
Lynch/Fagan  Cork / Dublin:O'Regan Cork:Malone --Clare.O'Brien --Clare:Kerry----Delaney:
isle of Wight : Salter, Gatrill, Frampton.
Warwickshire: Webb, Fulford.
New Zealand only: Davis.

Offline Gill B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 02 January 09 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I searched all the Catholic parish registers for Moynoe and Feakle in 2000 following on from information sent me by someone else and have details of Robert and Margarets marriage in1867 and their 11  children plus all the other GUERIN entries from these registers. I haven't found a direct connection between this family and mine, but it seems

I'm also in touch with other GUERIN descendants.

If you would like copies of this information let me know and I will forward it via email attachment to you direct (and anyone else who is interested).

I also have a lot of info from census returns and birth, marriage and death indexes and certificates

Offline brad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 January 09 20:59 GMT (UK) »
That would be awesome as we are having a family Reunion  at the end of the month on our O'Brien's and that will help greatly..Thank you ....thank you.

My e-mail is    (*)   Brad.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Lynch/Fagan  Cork / Dublin:O'Regan Cork:Malone --Clare.O'Brien --Clare:Kerry----Delaney:

Offline Gill B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 02 January 09 21:43 GMT (UK) »
I've sent several files as attachments to your private email. I've also got photos of the gravestone inscriptions sent which I took when we last visited relatives in the area.

If you have any information to share on your family I'd be very grateful as one day we may find a link.

I do have lots of info on related family members as well.

Offline brad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 02 January 09 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that i am very grateful. yes i will get some info out for you  in the next two days have family here at present and  it is a bit difficult.
 Thanks brad.