Author Topic: Thomas Foster Robson 1865  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Allan Robson

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Foster Robson 1865
« on: Thursday 19 April 07 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hello All
Would somebody be able to throw some light on the following
I have been looking for sometime for the birth of John Robson in 1865 at Hartlepool I have no success until know.
John' was Registered as Thomas Foster Robson in June qtr 1865 at Hartlepool
he was baptised John in July 1866 at All Saints Stranton
he died aged 9 years old in Sunderland in 1874 again John Robson was on his Death Cert.
what did happen was that his father who was also called John Robson died in May 1865 the same qtr as Thomas was born, it looks like Thomas was renamed after his father, would there be a record of Re- Registration.

Regards
Allan Robson

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Foster Robson 1865
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 April 07 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,

To re-register a different name the child had to be baptised within 12 months from the date of registration.  As John was baptised later than twelve months then there would be no re-registration.  See this link and scroll down to forenames:

http://home.clara.net/dixons/Certificates/births.htm

Regards,
Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline Allan Robson

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Foster Robson 1865
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 April 07 17:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Mo
thanks for your reply, I have since found out that there was no Re-Registration,in fact it was a Gro error the Folio and Page No for the June Qtr 1865 Hartlepool pointed the Birth Registration of Thomas Foster Robson,yesterday I received the birth cert and the name on it was John Robson who I have spent sometime looking for, what is odd is that foster is a family name and this is how I picked it up.
its no wonder us researchers struggle at times I wonder how many more are like this in I have never found the Registration of John's father John Robson born Hetton area 1840 i now think it could a similar thing to the above.

Regards
Allan