Author Topic: Shearer & Sellar Families  (Read 1787 times)

Offline milto1384

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Shearer & Sellar Families
« on: Friday 20 April 07 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I've came to a bit of a dead end and was hoping someone might have information that could help me?!?!

It all regards the marraige of William Shearer & Elizabeth Sellar (i think on the 21/2/1795)

I've found Elizabeths death certificate (25/2/1865), however her mums name is unknown. Her dad's name is William Sellar. I checked the IGI and came up with a possibility though that was born on the same year, from the same place and the mum is called Isabel Anderson. I was hoping someone might be able to varify that for me?

Secondly, I think I found William shearers death certificate (3/1/1857) but it does not state his wifes name or his parents names!!! I checked the IGI for him and came up with the names of John Shearer and Janet Lesly. I was hoping someone maybe had information on that?! That is a long shot!

Hope someone can help me!

Regards,

Alan

Offline Adawtry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Shearer & Sellar Families
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 May 08 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm descended from these 2 as well. You saved me £1 as I was just going to order William's death cert. I know where but can you tell me where he died. I presume in a workhouse or certainly as a pauper. I've come to the conclusion that his parents are as you say but I've no concrete proof.  Do you want to share what information we have? annie

Offline milto1384

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Shearer & Sellar Families
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 May 08 20:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie,

Great to hear that you are linked to these people also. I can't quite make out where william died but I can send you an electronic copy of the certificate to see if you can make it out. would love to share information with you also. Hope we can both help each other.

Alan