Author Topic: huddlestone  (Read 3485 times)

Offline jghud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
huddlestone
« on: Sunday 29 April 07 00:01 BST (UK) »
Looking for descendants of John Edward & Sara Anne Elizabeth Huddlestone.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: huddlestone
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 April 07 00:38 BST (UK) »
Also see Duplicate post on Middlesex Board:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,229726.0.html
One reply posted:
It would be helpful to have some more orientation with regard to these people. (Time frame and location)
Are you interested in the fact that there are a number of Huddlestones on the 1901 Canadian Census?
There was an area near Vernon, BC which used to be referred to as Huddlestone and there are references to a number of them on the BC Vital Records site.
Beth

This following  may help someone spot a connection:

Details on the family From another post by Jim :
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,42417.0.html

1881 census at 86 Upper Tollington Park Hornsey
John & Sara HUDDLESTONE  (nee Smith) married 1854
(John Edward had a sister named Charlotte Elizabeth) (John Edward  was son of John snr  b 1798 and Sarah Weller, m 1829)

Children:
Ellen Huddlestone born 1856
Charlotte Huddlestone 1858
William Huddlestone 1860
Arthur Huddlestone 1862
Francis Huddlestone 1864 (Francis Edward, had a son Robert C born abt 1910)
Florence Huddlestone 1866
Percy Huddlestone 1868 (Percy John - married 1902, not sure who to)
Harry Huddlestone 1869
Mabel Huddlestone 1872 (was married 1907 but unsure who to)

You also say on that post:
"Christina was married to Walter Minshaw and had a son Wilfred"  WHich one is she connected to?...

"Could not get further than my great grandfather Sidney Edward. A relative of Sidneys brother, who we did not know existed, responded to another querie" and this is realtive to: "My grandfather, Ferdinand Huddlestone, was a British home child and was sent to Canada, where his family is living now. He never spoke of his family. I did not know where he was from, until after his death. My cousin had located his sister in Southall, England in the early 80's but she gave us very little information to go on"
Which one is Sidney Edward connected to? And who was his brother?

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 April 07 01:31 BST (UK) »
The daughter Charlotte was actually Charlotte T HUDDLESTONE age 22 on 1881 (birth reg Dec 1858 in Poplar) as Charlotte Theresa HUDDLESTONE.

FREEBMD: Charlotte Theresa HUDDLESTONE married Jun Qtr 1899, Islington to either William Henry J ATKINSON or Samuel James C SWIFT (other bride Rebecca PARROT).

Records show a Samuel James C SWIFT  was born 1870.  He looks to be on the 1901 Census in Islington as just Charles J SWIFT with wife Rebecca.
Which leaves Charlotte marrying ATKINSON:

1901: Salmon Green & Bowes, Southgate Middlesex
Ref: RG13- Piece 1267- Folio: 91- Pg  13, RD: Edmonton
Address: "Innis Fallen"
Head: William ATKINSON 37, Wine Merchannt (Manager) [Worker], b Camden Town London
Wife: Charlotte ATKINSON 42, b Bow, London

Considering Charlotte's age, she may not have had any children/direct descendants, unless she had a child late after 1901. She is on 1891 with her parents and some of the other children - do you have that Census?

Cheers  ;D
AMBLY

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 May 07 20:31 BST (UK) »
Jim's reply (which was on the other duplicate topic)
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,229726.0.html

Charlotte Theresa had two sons out of wedlock. Sidney Edward (b 1876) and Randolph Percival (b 1889). Both of these boys were raised by a William J Adams family.

Chritiana is a sister to Charlotte Theresa but I had not discovered her at the time of the earlier postings.

I would like to get further information on the Vernon, B.C. connection as I am also a Canadian.

My gradfather, Ferdinanad (Fred) Huddlestone, is the son of Sidney Edward and he was sent to Canada with his brother Sidney Jr. when they were young boys. Ferdinand settled in the Ottawa area and Sidney Jr. settled in Weyburn, Sk. Percy John homesteaded in Lloydminster, Sk and later moved to Victoria, B.C..

I am trying to follow a lead that a son of Francis Joseph, Robert C. Huddlestone, lived in B.C. but I am not having much luck so far. Charles Harwood Huddlestone, son of Arthur Edward, was also in New Westminster until WWI. He died in the war.

I was not aware of any Huddlestone relatives until my cousin located my gradfathers sister in England in the '80s. We did not know until two years ago that Randolph Percivals family existed, when I found a posting on a Google search. That contact in England gave me more information which led me to Charlotte Theresa and John Edward. Just recently I have been in contact with a descendant of Christiana Huddlestone in Tasmania. This relative was not aware of Charlotte Theresa's children.
My goal is to find living Huddlestone relatives.

Thanks
Jim Huddlestone

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 July 07 00:10 BST (UK) »
Hello, Jim, I am not sure of ages, but there is a death for a a Robert C Huddlestone in Vancouver 1966 Sept. 13 age 56
Microfilm #: B13279   (GSU # 2033855)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 July 07 01:51 BST (UK) »
There are also probate records for Huddlestone, here...just check off all entries to see all the Huddlestone entries...don't forget to try Huddleston as well...
http://search.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/sn-434D859/bsearch/VisualRecords

You can also find a lot of Huddlestone entries under Western land grants...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com