Author Topic: Lost(?) Members of MAUGER Family  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Lost(?) Members of MAUGER Family
« on: Sunday 29 April 07 11:54 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find out what happened to one of my ancestors who married into the MAUGER Family.

Julia BELIN was b.1816 in France to parents Rev.Charles Joseph BELIN and Helen PROSSER. In 1838 she married Charles MAUGER b.1815, at Guildford (I have certificate). Charles MAUGER was a Lieutenant in Company's Service, and son of Nicholas MAUGER, Captain RN.

They had 2 children, Archibald b.1840 and Arthur b.1842 both born in India, no doubt as result of their father's occupation. My dilemma is I don't know what happened to the parents, Julia and Charles MAUGER. I cannot find them in any English Census. Archibald and Arthur are mentioned in the 1851 Census living with their grandparents only, and in 1861, Arthur is still with his grandparents.

Are there any English/Indian records that may assist?

Thanks

Les

de Belin, Swindail, Willcock, Williams, Moore, Watts, Searjeant, Watson, McCready, Reid, Spink, de Lancey, Van Cortland, and of course, Smith!

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
Re: Lost(?) Members of MAUGER Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 April 07 12:05 BST (UK) »
GRO Overseas Deaths (if reported to a Consulate) are available.

Also I believe some military & Naval records there ....

http://www.findmypast.com/HomeServlet
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Lost(?) Members of MAUGER Family
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 April 07 12:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that. I've haven't got any credits with that site yet, maybe I will have to.

Les
de Belin, Swindail, Willcock, Williams, Moore, Watts, Searjeant, Watson, McCready, Reid, Spink, de Lancey, Van Cortland, and of course, Smith!