Author Topic: Stubbs/Hugginson  (Read 2141 times)

Offline FrankE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Stubbs/Hugginson
« on: Sunday 06 May 07 22:51 BST (UK) »
In my family tree I've come across yet another couple from Westmorland! It seems that John (Fawcett?) Stubbs married Margaret Hugginson on 6 Jan 1808 at Kirkby Stephen. If my hunch is correct they moved to Sunderland and Margaret died in 1818.
Does anybody please have any info on the Stubbs' or the Hugginsons? I have an idea that John's parents were Thomas Stubbs and Elizabeth Fawcett, BICBW...
Erskine - England
Blenkarn (and Blencarn) - Westmorland/Durham
Tuer - Westmorland/Durham
Annison - Sunderland and thereabouts
Wayman - Sunderland
Milburn - Sunderland
Wardropper - Chester-le-Street & Sunderland

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stubbs/Hugginson
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 May 07 20:40 BST (UK) »
Kirkby Stephen registers are on the IGI at that time so if they were baptised there they might show up.  There are no Stubbs entries in my book of Historical Directory entries, nor Hugginsons I'm afraid.   There are lots of Fawcetts.   If you have an address for them I shall be in Kirkby in a couple of weeks and could take photos for you.
Andrea

Offline FrankE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Stubbs/Hugginson
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 May 07 23:12 BST (UK) »
I'm afraid I have no addresses at present, Andrea. In fact all I have about this branch seems to be from IGI, so it could be quite flaky! I've seen a lot of Fawcetts, too, so I'll have to do a lot more rooting around.
Just probing about in the Cumbria Records Office site I did find (Cat. ref. WPR70) a James Gosling of Dent, who hired himself to a John Fawcett (also of Dent), then hired himself to a Henry Stubbs (a farmer) - all non-sequitur stuff! If I find anything positive I'll get back to you, but don't put yourself out any at this stage. Thanks for the interest so far :-)
It's a very remote branch of the tree, so it isn't really significant at present.

Regards -

Frank
Erskine - England
Blenkarn (and Blencarn) - Westmorland/Durham
Tuer - Westmorland/Durham
Annison - Sunderland and thereabouts
Wayman - Sunderland
Milburn - Sunderland
Wardropper - Chester-le-Street & Sunderland