Author Topic: David Kennedy Hutchison and Grace Adams  (Read 10168 times)

Offline mineyours+ours

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Kennedy Hutchison and Grace Adams
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 August 13 09:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Aye Right,

I'm a descendant of David Kennedy Hutchison and have information but am not sure what you have from previous members.  Am also wondering if you can help me with the Scottish part of the family.  I have sent a pm to you but not sure if I completed correctly. If you could let me know if you received or not.

Kind regards,  M

Offline Aye Right

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 August 13 09:42 BST (UK) »
Hi M

I'm typing a reply as I 'speak'! 

Absolutely delighted to hear from you - stay online and you will hear from me very soon :)

Cheers
A
COATES & JONES - Shropshire & Liverpool pre 1880<br />WILLIAMSON & MCCRACKEN- Armagh, Northern Ireland pre 1881<br />HAYNES & ROWLANDS - Shropshire pre 1880
HUTCHISON - Perthshire pre 1880
WATT - Aberdeenshire pre 1880

Offline hutchy baby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 September 14 09:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Aye Right
Just read your post & you are talking about my great great grandparents. Have been without a computer for a couple of years so I suppose you have all the info you need.
We  went to a family reunion a couple of years ago for the descendants, which was awesome.
Hope to hear from you.

Offline Rhiannon840

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 November 14 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm new to roots hat but am looking for D.K.Hutchisons cause of death. I've found record of him fighting inntaranaki wars  approx 1866. I suspect he ended up in Fiji on one of his ships that were establishing a trade route for the cotton being transported to NZ. Is this correct. Pls contact me with any info. Kind regards. Rhi

Offline hutchy baby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 04 November 14 01:19 GMT (UK) »
To Rhiannon840 Hi to you David Kennedy and Grace Adams Hutchison were my great great grand parents here in NZ. Their son young David was my great grandfather. David Kennedy and young David Hutchison in tow went around the Pacific chasing after a ship called the Stanley they had built, a dirty rotten scoundrel had taken it out for sea trials without paying for it. They called into Fiji on one of their calls and it is there that David Kennedy Hutchison became gravely ill and died of a suspected twisted bowel. Young David 16 yrs old had to get a ship firstly to Sydney then back to Auckland New Zealand. Sadly it was the end of the business he had built. Hope this helps :)

Offline Faera

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 26 May 15 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, I would really love to hear what you discovered about David; as I'm also a descendant of his, through Grace and David's daughter Mary.

Offline hutchy baby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 30 May 15 21:54 BST (UK) »
That makes you a cousin of mine, i have a little info, i know that Mary married George Fisher and they went farming in the Waikato also they stayed very good friends with Jane Jenkins Hutchison whom married James Gordon.Perhaps we need to personally contact each other for more info. Are you living in NZ?

Offline Faera

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 31 May 15 07:59 BST (UK) »
That makes you a cousin of mine, i have a little info, i know that Mary married George Fisher and they went farming in the Waikato also they stayed very good friends with Jane Jenkins Hutchison whom married James Gordon.Perhaps we need to personally contact each other for more info. Are you living in NZ?

Yes that would be great to exchange some info! I'm new to this roots site though, and it says I'm not allowed to send private messages, but I'm not sure why. I'm in Australia, but am a kiwi, and all the rest of my family are (mostly) still living in and around the Waikato.

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 31 May 15 08:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Faera,

Welcome to the Rootschat and the NZ Board.  New members need 3 posts before the Private Messages (PM) can be activated.   Just post one more time with a smiley or a Hello, then you and Hutchy Baby can exchange messages.   You can also send a message even though they are off line (grey tells you off and green on), and they will pick it up when they log on.

Cheers
KHP

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk