Author Topic: translation  (Read 1020 times)

Offline chunkie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
translation
« on: Friday 18 May 07 20:39 BST (UK) »
Can anyone please advise about reading the documents that i have downloaded i've been advised that a "printer friendly version" is not available and that there it  appears to be outside the remit of "Scotlands People" to provide this option . perhaps i dreampt it.
any help would be appreciated.
Many Thanks Chunkie. 

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: translation
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 May 07 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Chunkie,

What have you downloaded?  Is it an OPR Image?

If it is, and it's a copy from a handwritten document that would explain why there's no 'printer friendly' option.

I don't know if cropping and posting part of the image would be permissable so we could all have a go at de-cyphering it? One of the Mods/Administrators would keep you right about that.

Anne

Offline chunkie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 May 07 14:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Anne for your reply. I downloaded 4 documents from Scotlands people pages and as far as i can see they are opr images . I guess  its a matter of luck whether your downloads are decipherable and ther'es only one that's a bother and despite my best efforts I can't successfully compare other letters on the page so , if you could possibly advise me on seeking the help of  the Mods/ admin' it would be much appreciated.
Once again thanks.
Duncan.

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 May 07 17:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Duncan,

If you go up to the top of the board, you'll see at the left some wee tree branches. The first one saying Rootschat(dot)com, then Scotland etc. etc. If you click on Moderators, this will open a new window allowing you to send a PM to Rootschat asking if posting the image is permissable.

I don't imagine there will be a problem but better to check just in case.

I'm looking forward to seeing the image! (or am I just nosey!!)

Anne

Offline chunkie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 May 07 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hi again Anne, Thanks for the info'. I don't think your nosey, just interested, i'll try and work out how to send !!.

Duncan