Author Topic: Sockett family of Chirbury  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Sockett family of Chirbury
« on: Thursday 08 January 04 21:02 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the Sockett family of Chirbury.

I have Edward Sockett born in 1834 Chirbury who married Susannah from Montgomery and then later moved to Manchester.

I would love to find out more about Edward  ;D
Robinson, Roberts, Roles, Griffiths, Walton, Royle, Chorlton,
Mott, Jones, Greenway, Morris, Bates, Mackay, Colley, Wagstaffe, Rickwood, Winston, Sockett, Bates, Haylock, Winston, Cleminson, Goodwin, Sockett, Bevan, Williams, Bell, Johnson and Dearson.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Sockett family of Chirbury
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 September 05 22:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Mrs Mac

You haven't had a reply to your post :'(.  Are you still looking for information about the Sockett's?

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 January 06 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan,

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks to yourself on another post I have managed to Find Edwards Father Edward born 1813 in Chirbury and Sarah Lloyd  his mother born 1808 in Welshpool.

I have since checked the IGI for other siblings and found nothing.  :(

Regards Mrs Mac.

Mott, Jones, Greenway, Morris, Bates, Mackay, Colley, Wagstaffe, Rickwood, Winston, Sockett, Bates, Haylock, Winston, Cleminson, Goodwin, Sockett, Bevan, Williams, Bell, Johnson and Dearson.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 January 06 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mrs Mac

Have you checked the Surname Interest Table to see whether any other Rootschatters are searching for SOCKETT?

Here's the link  http://www.rootschat.com/surname/

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan,

Thanks for reminding me about the surname interest table I have been in contact with the two other sockett researchers already. What a small world.

Mrs Mac