Author Topic: NBI for Ffestiniog does anyone have access please  (Read 1472 times)

Offline mrs griff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Granny Emma
    • View Profile
NBI for Ffestiniog does anyone have access please
« on: Monday 28 May 07 21:39 BST (UK) »
My Greatgrand father John Roberts died in Dec 1900 At 2, Tanyfron Terrace  Festiniog ,  any ideas on where he would have been buried ?on the1901 census that address was ,part of what looks like  Deplwyn Ward difficuit to read the census, his previous address on the 1891 &1881 census was Closygraig Terr which was in the Parish of St Davids , given they did not move very far could Tanyfron have been in the same Parish.

Would very much like to find his burial place,

Hope someone can help.
                                          Many Thanks and Kind Regards
                                                      Mrs Griff

Glamorgan, Merioneth,Caernavon
Roberts,  Williams.
Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline titch

• RootsChat Member
  • member of both Gwynedd and Clwyd Family History
    • View Profile
Re: NBI for Ffestiniog does anyone have access please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 May 07 19:36 BST (UK) »
hi Mrs Griff,

I have had a look through the Gwynedd Family History Society publications list to see what Memorial Inscription books they have for the Ffetiniog area. There are 10 booklets covering the Non denominational cemetery in Blaenau Ffestiniog, which is an indication as to how big it is! Each volume is called M148 and has a different sector in each.

There is also Bethesda Calvinistic Methodist Chapel graveyard, Blaenau Ffestiniog,  (M202) St Mihangel Church Ffestiniog (M155), Ffestiniog Nondenominational (M211) and Dewi Sant Blaenau Ffestiniog (M144).
He could have been buried in any one of these places!
I do not know whether the society do 'look ups' for a small charge but it would be worth you writing to the Publications secretary to ask. His name is:
Mr G Williams
1 Tan y Cae, Bethel, Caernarfon, Gwynedd. LL55 1YA.
Tel. 01248 670170

Do you remember our discussion about 'The Barracks ? Well i have just discovered that they were owned by an ancestor of my son in law!  We have not as yet found any records!

Cheers
Titch
Williams, Roberts, Jones, in Merioneth,  Flintsshire, Denbigh and Caernarfonshire, Hughes in Caernarfonshire and Liverpool , Arnold, Mongomeryshire, Caernarfon and Denbighshire
Higgins in Kent/Essex

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mrs griff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Granny Emma
    • View Profile
Re: NBI for Ffestiniog does anyone have access please
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 May 07 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Titch,
                  I will write to Mr Williams, i know its a mammoth task but one i would like to complete,  as for The Barracks its a small world as they say keep me posted . i have done well with my Roberts but still dont know which Barracks my grandmother was born in .
                   Kind Regards Mrs Griff
Glamorgan, Merioneth,Caernavon
Roberts,  Williams.
Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk