Author Topic: Graphics Tablets? which one?  (Read 2017 times)

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics Tablets? which one?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 June 07 22:20 BST (UK) »
OOooo, I'm a happy bunny  ;D ;D ;D
OH has just said he would buy me an Intuos as a belated birthday present  -  well I have been waiting since February and I think he's feeling guilty!

Amazon here I come, gonna burn some plastic..........

jc
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline Niksmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bermuda 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 08 June 07 22:25 BST (UK) »
Congrats JC, you sure are a lucky bunny...  ;D
I will be intersted to know how you get on with it, once you get it of course.
Buckinghamshire-Babbs<br />Somerset-Smith<br />Woolwich-Elliott<br />London-Elliott, Hare,Baker

Restorers please do NOT use any restores done by me without my permission

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 June 07 22:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Niksmum,

we shall see if it really is easier. I'm still quite happy with my mouse. Just looking around to see if I have space on my desk for it - that will be an excuse to clear some junk off.

I think I shall try it out with my laptop too as its got a really good graphics card and monitor - better than my pc.

jc
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 09 June 07 01:09 BST (UK) »
You'll love it ... I think both Caz and I went and got the same one ......  you won't regret it !
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline vhansen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 09 June 07 03:40 BST (UK) »
I also use a Wacom ( Intuos 2, 4x5). One of the most important features for me is the pressure sensitive capablilites. Really saves a lot of steps not having to constantly adjust the opacity of the tools.

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 09 June 07 04:11 BST (UK) »
I also use the same 4x5 and it may surprise you to find that I prefer it to the larger tablets. It requires far less movement of the arm than the larger ones (my wrist is fused and won't move). with minimal movement from the elbow and a little more from my fingers I can cover the whole pad -whereas I think the big pads may be much more difficult.

Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 09 June 07 13:59 BST (UK) »
What amazes me the most is that Poll, TT, Gadget and myself are all lefties LOL

Caz

LEFTIES RULE !!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 09 June 07 14:03 BST (UK) »
and Keith Bateman  ;D

Oh I hated it the last two days. I had to take a break and just work from my laptop with my feet up and there's no room for a mouse or a graphics tablet and me on my sofa  :(

I have been playing with said tablet for an hour this morning and it felt like being released from prison  - not that I've ever been there  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***