Author Topic: Ann Owen - St Davids  (Read 2481 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Ann Owen - St Davids
« on: Sunday 10 June 07 13:31 BST (UK) »
On 11 Sep 1834 when James was 29, he second married Ann OWEN, daughter of [---------], at St Nicholas.
James Raymond wid = Ann Owen x . Ann born abt 1812 in Llanwnda, Pembs.

James RAYMOND, carpenter, born Letterston ca 1805 according to census but was Non conformist and I have not been able to find any record of his birth in parish regsiters. He attended Rhosycarau Independent, St Nicholas.

Would like to know Ann's parentage.

Many thanks, Jill

WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Owen - St Davids
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 June 07 11:03 BST (UK) »
From the Genuki entry, you might have problems with Llanwnda as some of the parish records appear to be missing. Baptisms start in 1813 and are at the Pembrokeshire Record Office.
The Bishop's Transcripts do exist and are at the National Library of Wales. If you can't get there yourself, their website has a list of researchers who will search for a fee. The library themselves do not do look-ups.
The BTs have been filmed by the LDS and the call number is 0105104.
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/PEM/Llanwnda/

Rhosycaerau baptismal and burial records are at the PRO RG4/3913 and have been filmed by the LDS call number 813550.

Horeb Independent in Letterston wasn't built until 1901 and Genuki doesn't mention any chapels old enough to be of use.
Horeb's very sweet though!
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/465604
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Owen - St Davids
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 June 07 11:22 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your help.  I have visited the area many times now.  Here are some photos on my webpage.

http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~glamorgan/pem_a_chap.htm

Jill
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.