Author Topic: Brettenham Marriage - ROSIER & SNELL  (Read 5815 times)

Offline denrosh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brettenham Marriage - ROSIER & SNELL
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 March 12 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Just been looking at messages for the early Rosier/ Snell marriage and although Mary's birth is a problem the IGI gives 1713 as a possible birth in Brettenham.
On the Rosier side we now have it that Robert was the son of Robert Rosier born about 1676 in Brettenham and Mary of Woolpit married about 1701. Prior to this the family came from Stoke-by- Nayland. Earlier generations are shown on the Cosford Database but the part from Monique in New Zealand which she worked on with Ray Long. I'll see if I have any more on the Head family of Hitcham. TTFN. Best wishes

Offline mortieau

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 19:48 GMT (UK) »
As there were a few Robert Rosier around in Suffolk at the time it may be just a coincidence but from the on-line transcript of the Woolpit PR is:

18 Sept '1732' Robert Rosier married Martha Rose
( this is the first mention of any Rosier in the Woolpit PR)

But the Cosford data-base has exactly to the day a year later:
18 Sept. '1733' Robert Rosier married Mary Snell in Brettenham

Back to the Woolpit PR, there were no children of Robert & Martha bpt or were buried .

Martha Rosier "wife of Robert" was buried 1/6/1764
Robert Rosier was buried 18/6/1767

Has any one actually seen the Brettenham PR ? as  there are odd bits from web sites that have Robert Rosier bpt 1 March 1702 in Brettenham ( but not on Family search etc) but age wise the Robert bpt 8 Nov 1712 in Woolpit, s/o Richard & Martha seems a better fit.

Or is it just that there are 2 Robert Rosiers here ?

Best
John

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Suffolk Registers have a Robert Roser born 1702 to a Robert & Anne

and a Robert Rosier born 1696 to George & Susan

and Robert Rosier & Mary Snell married 1733 in Brettenham is the one from our family John,  parents of the Robert & William who married the Head sisters.

There are so many Mary Snells and Robert Rosiers to get the correct ones I think will take more research...........there is a Mary Snell I hadnt seen before born 1701 Baseborn of Susan Snell born 11 miles away in Chattisham.....another registered Ipswich in1709 daughter of Henry & Elizabeth!!!

by the way there is another Robert Rosier in Woolpit married in 1707!

I honestly dont think we are any further on since we started this thread in 2007!!

hey ho its the fun of family history

sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mortieau

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 March 12 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandie,
Thank's for your reply, yes I go along with what you said in your last post I just thought with those 2 Robert Rosier marriages on the same dates in 1732 & 1733 might prove something we missed before, but I guess not unfortunately.

Best
John