Author Topic: Portpatrick Cemetery  (Read 3611 times)

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Portpatrick Cemetery
« on: Sunday 17 June 07 12:58 BST (UK) »
If anyone is going to visit Portpatrick cemetery I would be very grateful if they could look out for the grave of a Thomas Shanks, who was buried there in 1865.  I believe that his son, also Thomas Shanks, was buried in the same grave in 1868.

I would love to receive a photograph of the grave if at all possible.

thank you

:)
Ireland: Arlour, Arlow, Hammond, Hannah, Shanks, Templeton

Scotland: Allan, Black, Carlyle, Corkingdale, Fleeting, Grant, Hammond, Hannah, Kirkwood, Lothian, McFarlane, Main, Neilson, Shanks, Sneddon, Stirling, Wood

Sussex/Hampshire/Surrey/London/Kent: Beagley, Champion, Clark, Douch, Earl, Jones, King, Ladyman, Ley, Pattenden, Peskett, Pink, Readings, Standen, Stonestreet, Windiate

Offline beenie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Portpatrick Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 November 07 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am going up to Stranraer next weekend and hopefully go to Portpatrick, do you know if the grave is in the old cemetery? I will of course take a photo if I can find it.
regards
Beenie
Milwain, Hill, McCracken, McCulloch, Chalmers, Kelly, McMillan, Shields, McClurg, Kirkmaiden and Stoneykirk

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 November 07 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Beenie

Thank you for your kind offer.

Unfortunately, I don't know whether the burial is in the old cemetery - I hope that it won't be too difficult to find! 

:)
Ireland: Arlour, Arlow, Hammond, Hannah, Shanks, Templeton

Scotland: Allan, Black, Carlyle, Corkingdale, Fleeting, Grant, Hammond, Hannah, Kirkwood, Lothian, McFarlane, Main, Neilson, Shanks, Sneddon, Stirling, Wood

Sussex/Hampshire/Surrey/London/Kent: Beagley, Champion, Clark, Douch, Earl, Jones, King, Ladyman, Ley, Pattenden, Peskett, Pink, Readings, Standen, Stonestreet, Windiate

Offline beenie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 November 07 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Coonwarra,
I've just got back from Scotland and have some photos for you, Please PM me with your email address and I will send them, I'm so glad I found him for you.
Regards
Beenie
Milwain, Hill, McCracken, McCulloch, Chalmers, Kelly, McMillan, Shields, McClurg, Kirkmaiden and Stoneykirk