Author Topic: George Alfred Sealey 1871 Census lookup  (Read 1718 times)

Offline laurap120

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
George Alfred Sealey 1871 Census lookup
« on: Wednesday 08 December 04 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

I am trying to locate George Alfred Sealey (it could be either of those first names) or his mother and father Elizabeth Slade and Robert Sealey.  he states on the 1901 census in Scotland that he was born in Chard, Somerset.  I can't find him in the 1881 census, I suspect he was with the seaforth highlanders.  I would really like to find either the 1871 census or at least his mother and father, as I can't seem to find any info on them either.  I would be very grateful for any information.

Regards

laurap120 ???
Poyser, Wharmby, Sealey, Shepherd, Leatherland, Gilbey, Goth

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: George Alfred Sealey 1871 Census lookup
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 December 04 21:32 GMT (UK) »
can u give me more onfo please! On a quick look at Somerset I do c a family in North Perrott Head Robert 61 b North Perrott wife Elizabeth  b North Perrott...No George but visible children also b North Perrott...Just had a look at a 21 year old and his wife is Eliz also.....No idea without more info but at this stage can c none in Chard...Kris  ???
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline laurap120

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 December 04 21:46 GMT (UK) »
He could be called George or Alfred Sealey or both (either way round)  I know he was born c1864.  There was some confusion around who is father was. Rumour was he didnt know his father and he left home to join forces.  On his marriage certificate in 1887 his mother is down as Elizabeth Slade (deceased) his father is down as Robert Sealey and he is a carpenter, he has put his birth place as Chard. On the 1901 census in Scotland he is 37 and he has stated his birthplace as England. I am sorry this is all I know as I can't find him on 1881 census. 

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 December 04 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to say I have tried everything I can think of to no avail  :'( ...Just cant find a family remotely similar of either Sealey and Varients or Slade...can find no Sealeys at all born Chard and no Robert a Carpenter in Somerset anywhere either...Mayb they went to Scotland earlier than u thought  ??? Seems strange when u cant find any of them in 81 either. Sorry I tried ...Kris  :'(
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline laurap120

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 December 04 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Oh well, thank you very much for trying, it's much appreciated.

Back to the grindstone!  :)
laurap120