Author Topic: Cundelon Family  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Nosowicz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Cundelon Family
« on: Thursday 28 June 07 15:07 BST (UK) »
I have been stuck on abranch of the family tree now for a while and would welcome and leads anyone can give me (other than griffiths) on the Cundelon family from Drumaveigh, Co. Cavan.

I would welcome contact from anyone who has Cundelon's in their family tree irrespective of location, as they may have travelled around.

The name can be spelt in a number of methods and I have tried most of them without success.

I have know there are still Cundelon's in Cavan, as I have seen news in local papers with people with this surname, but cannot find them in the local phone book.

Here is what I have:

Mary Cundelon (b circa 1885) married to James Tierney (b circa 1885) with 5 children; Maria (b 1916 d 1984), Eugene (b 1913 d 1994), Kathleen (d 2003), Beatrice, Charlie & Lena

Mary was the daughter of Owen Cundelon & Bridget (surname unknown) and they had 4 other children; Bridgie, Bernard, Edward & James

I have info on most of the descendants of Mary & James's children, but nothing really on the rest of the Cundelon family (even though I have some names)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
UK: Wilson, Nosowicz, Jacklin, Gribble, Vowler, Burridge, Hardcastle, Norman, Smith, Abraham, Parker, Brown, Jenney, Janney, Lank, Codd, Fidling, Landick, Nesbitt

Areas: Bedfordshire, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Durham, Devon, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire

Ireland: Tierney, Farrelly, Cundelon, Clarke, Moore, O'Malley, Dufficy, Flannigan

Areas: Cavan (Ballyjamesduff Virginia, area), Rosscommon  (Strokestown)

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Cundelon Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 June 07 16:27 BST (UK) »
hello nosowicz, found these don't know if they help.

ANNE CUNDELON B. 31-10-1875.
MARY  CUNDELON B. 17-2-1878.
BRIDGET CUNDELON B. 23-12-1879.
all born DRUMEVA/DRUMEVE, CAVAN, IRELAND.
parents. OWEN CUNDELON & BRIDGET COOKE.

regards mary.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline Nosowicz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 June 07 16:54 BST (UK) »
Mary,

Many thanks !

That adds a new name added and dates that I did not have.

Please can you tell me the source of this info

Please keep looking for more
UK: Wilson, Nosowicz, Jacklin, Gribble, Vowler, Burridge, Hardcastle, Norman, Smith, Abraham, Parker, Brown, Jenney, Janney, Lank, Codd, Fidling, Landick, Nesbitt

Areas: Bedfordshire, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Durham, Devon, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire

Ireland: Tierney, Farrelly, Cundelon, Clarke, Moore, O'Malley, Dufficy, Flannigan

Offline mossy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 June 07 17:15 BST (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Offline Nosowicz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 June 07 17:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks Mossy

and wow !

If this is the case, this could be a first marriage (or not) for Owen, as it is 3 years before the birth of the earliest child by Bridget Cooke

Keep finding me more, as between you and Mary, on this site, you have found me more than I have found in a year !