Author Topic: 1851 census- Fraser at Rosemarkie  (Read 3684 times)

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1851 census- Fraser at Rosemarkie
« on: Sunday 01 July 07 03:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Can I please ask someone to do a lookup for Alexander Fraser and wife Eliza nee Cameron with children (not sure if all at home) Catherine born 1835, William born 1837, Thomas b 1839, Alexander bonr 1842 and Isobel born 1846.  Eliza also had children from previous marriage and some of them may be with them Hugh b 1828, John b 1830, Murdoch b 1832 surname Ross.
They were living at Rosemarkie. Ross & Cromarty.
Thanks, Carmel
McMullen NSW & NZ, Brewster, Freestone Cambs, Carlyon, Jolliffe and Leverton Cornwall, Sutton, Ellis Lincs, Soles Gls., Boyce Tyrone, Leckey Co Down, Cuthell London & Stirlingshire Scotland, Cubitt London Sussex and Norfolk, Vale NSW, Wenham Cambs,Goodfellow Wiltshire, Shaw Derbys. & Notts., Whitlock Norfolk, Fort Lancs., Cameron Inverness, Fraser Stratherrick, Scotland, Reedy Ennis Co Clare, Murphy, Brennan, McAuliffe Newmarket, Co Cork, Doherty, Reynolds M'town Malbay, Ennistymon  Clare

Offline Verna Mac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 census- Fraser at Rosemarkie
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 July 07 07:30 BST (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

COX - Kent, Woolwich
BUSBY - Woolwich
LOXLEY - Kent, Woolwich

Offline Verna Mac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 July 07 07:57 BST (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

COX - Kent, Woolwich
BUSBY - Woolwich
LOXLEY - Kent, Woolwich

Offline Verna Mac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 July 07 08:05 BST (UK) »
Also there is a Murdoch ROSS age 18 , servant, Born Rosemarkie, at Resolis Mause 15, Parish Resolis, County Ross and Cromarty, a Farm Servant.
Head of the Household is John McKENZIE age 58 Minister of Resolis.
V
COX - Kent, Woolwich
BUSBY - Woolwich
LOXLEY - Kent, Woolwich

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 01 July 07 08:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks Verna
That is very good to have the extra thanks although more to wonder about.  We always thought Elizabeth and wife of David McIntosh (she died before 1851) were sisters but now there is a quandery about why Catherine was listed as visitor but probable son from first marriage listed as servant.  I also wonder why that son born 1828 listed as Hugh (which was Elizabeth's father's name) on christening but George in 1841 and 1851 census records.  Of course they could be two different people.  I suppose we wouldn't need a lifetime to do this if all the answers came easy.
I really appreicate you taking the time to find the other children for me.
Best Wishes, Carmel
McMullen NSW & NZ, Brewster, Freestone Cambs, Carlyon, Jolliffe and Leverton Cornwall, Sutton, Ellis Lincs, Soles Gls., Boyce Tyrone, Leckey Co Down, Cuthell London & Stirlingshire Scotland, Cubitt London Sussex and Norfolk, Vale NSW, Wenham Cambs,Goodfellow Wiltshire, Shaw Derbys. & Notts., Whitlock Norfolk, Fort Lancs., Cameron Inverness, Fraser Stratherrick, Scotland, Reedy Ennis Co Clare, Murphy, Brennan, McAuliffe Newmarket, Co Cork, Doherty, Reynolds M'town Malbay, Ennistymon  Clare

Offline Verna Mac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 01 July 07 09:08 BST (UK) »
Its good to be able to find something for a change. My stuff is really getting to the hard bits, so I can honestly say that its a pleasure to be able to help. Trans Tasman relations and all...

Anyway.....maybe its a long shot, but there is a John ROSS age 20, servant, born Rosemarky Ross, He is a Mill Servant at Munlochy, parish of Knockbain, County Ross and Cromarty.

Head of the household is William CAMERON age 43 and he is a Miller and Merchant.

Have we covered them all? Or do we still have some to go?

V
COX - Kent, Woolwich
BUSBY - Woolwich
LOXLEY - Kent, Woolwich

Offline Verna Mac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 01 July 07 09:09 BST (UK) »
Whoops, I meant to say, interSTATE relations.............sorry.

V

(that was a BIG whoops)
COX - Kent, Woolwich
BUSBY - Woolwich
LOXLEY - Kent, Woolwich

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 01 July 07 09:14 BST (UK) »
Where is William Cameron born?  I have a brother of Elizabeth born Croy 1805 that I'm still looking for & quite a few others born once they moved to Resolis -they are hard to determine with all the Camerons in the area but getting the ones around Resolis who say born Croy is a big help in determining that they are mine.
Yes that was a big  whoops.  I thought you must have been in NZ til I looked.
Thanks again Carmel

Offline Verna Mac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 01 July 07 09:53 BST (UK) »

COX - Kent, Woolwich
BUSBY - Woolwich
LOXLEY - Kent, Woolwich