Author Topic: Rubber Ball!! What do I do next?  (Read 5032 times)

Offline shelagh2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rubber Ball!! What do I do next?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 July 07 19:44 BST (UK) »

I'll have another look at Sedbergh next time I visit, something to do on a rainy day.
Have you got back to Richard and Jane's names from the birth of a child? or just Richards.?

The Lancashire border isn't too far away, but as far as I know Sedbergh was never in Lancashire - maybe just the closest large city for that part of the West Riding.

Look forward to hearing any news.

Shelagh
Aberdeenshire and Banff - Benzie, Walker, Forsyth, McIntosh. Lancashire Chippendale, Parr, Houghton

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: Rubber Ball!! What do I do next?
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 July 07 21:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shelagh, I'll keep you posted.

This marriage is actually 4 years after what I think is the baptism of "their" first child back in Kendal. I know from the baptism of "their" son John in 1750 that he was the son of Richard and Jane, and this is the only marriage I can find that seems likely - i.e. the correct names, more or less the right time & they're described as from Kendal and nearby Strickland Roger respectively.

I thought it possible that they'd go to Sedbergh to marry if they'd already been living 'in sin' and had a couple of children. But, as I said before, it's entirely possible that it has absolutely nothing to do with my couple at all!  :-[

I'd just like to get to the bottom of it all!

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.