Author Topic: Canada to England  (Read 1386 times)

Offline slyvia

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Canada to England
« on: Thursday 05 July 07 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hello

Can any one help me trace a person who emigrated to Canada in 1911 and came back because his father died in 1913 for a short while

Thank you

sylvia

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Canada to England
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 July 07 17:53 BST (UK) »
You ought to be able to locate both his trips to Canada (unless I'm reading it wrong, he went first in 1911, and then probably returned 1913/1914, right?) through www.findmypast.com  Records for ships coming from North America to UK ports do exist, are held at the NA, but are not indexed. 

Potentially you could find a likely time period for his arrival into the uk if you can find his father's death certificate and when he returned to Canada afterwards.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline slyvia

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Canada to England
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 July 07 18:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you for replying

I have found out that Mr. F.Roberts emigrated to Canada in 1911 and that he was on the 1911 census with his wife.   I then found another F. Roberts in the same employment on  March 13th 1913 travelling to Canada and that set me thinking that he may have come home for his fathers  funeral.  His father died 13th March 1913 . I am almost sure he could be the person but I just wanted to see if I could find confirmation of him coming home.

Sylvia