Author Topic: Fowlers  (Read 1866 times)

Offline sicknote

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fowlers
« on: Friday 13 July 07 10:52 BST (UK) »
I AM TRYING TO FIND INFORMATION ON THE FOWLERS FROM FALKLAND.MY MAIN INTREST IS THAT I HAVE THREE GENERATION OF THE FOWLERS WHO'S OCCUPATION WAS HEAD GARDENERS.SO WHERE WOULD THEY BE WORKING TO BE HEAD GARDENERS.I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ON THE FOWLERS.

OTHER NAMES THAT I AM RESEARCHING FROM FALKLAND IS THE COUPERS
Welch, robinsons,rogers,beson from durham
paterson,lanarkshire
morrow,co antrim
mckay,co cavan

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
Re: Fowlers
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 July 07 01:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Sicknote

Do you have any names and dates - will help focus on right folks

Cheers

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline sicknote

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 July 07 15:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann
 I am trying to get information on George Fowler born abt 1821 in wighton and married Jane Ewart on the 8 June 1852 in Prestonkirk,and died in 1890 at West Port,Falkland.I am saying Wighton as that is what is mention on all the cencus that I have. On his death certhis parents are Gilbert Fowler and Isabella Burnett.  Jane was born abt 1833 in Athalstaneford,East Lothian,and her parents are not mentioned on her Death cert,she died on the 9 may 1921 in Newton of Falkland.

I am also trying to get information on the parents of Mungo Couper, who were James ZCouper and Ann Borough.All I have is all the cencus from 1841 -1871 on James and Ann. James is born abt 1997 in Falklan and died before 1851 as he is not on any of the other cencus, Ann was born abt 1798 in Falkland and died after the 1871 cencus.

I just can't seem to get any further back on both of the Family's. Any help would be appreciated.
paterson,lanarkshire
morrow,co antrim
mckay,co cavan

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 July 07 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have had mixed resulots.

George - No record on Scotland's People. All I can find is a submitted record on the IGi which states born 1820 at Falkland and died 1890.

The main reason an OPR baptism is likely to be missing frfom Scotland's People is that the family were not established church of Scotland.

Only possible there is to try the National Archives Scotland.

Jane - similarly not finding a baptism for her on Scotland's People either but have found a possible on IGI

This one shows a Jean Ewart (Jean and Jane were often interchangeable) born Preston kirk 6/11/1825. Father William Ewart and mother Jean Mill. This record is extracted so is a copy of the actual OPR. This one is worth following up and visiting a Family History Centre to view.

The film refs are

Source Information:
 Batch No.:  Dates:  Source Call No.:  Type:  Printout Call No.:  Type: 

C117174  1820 - 1855  1067855   Film  6901289   Film 

Turning to the others. Have the same issues re the OPR births. There are sadly no death records pre 1855 in Scotland. However the National Archives Scotland do hold some mortcloth records and this is worth checking with them.

In looking for Ann Couper's death I didn't find her but her daughter who was also an Anne and she was married to a James Bissett. She died 30/10/1875. Father James Couper and mother Anne Couper (ms Bury).

Not found as much as would have liked but hope has given you some pointers

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline sicknote

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 July 07 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann
   Thanks for all your help very much appreciated. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
  Will follow up your leads.
paterson,lanarkshire
morrow,co antrim