Author Topic: Waltham St Lawrence PRs  (Read 705 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Waltham St Lawrence PRs
« on: Friday 20 July 07 15:10 BST (UK) »
I've found one of those IGIs submitted by an LDS member which has -

William Lawrence baptised in Waltham St Lawrence in September 1636 and married there to Elizabeth (no surname) in about 1662.

If anyone has access to Waltham St Lawrence parish records, I'd be grateful if you could tell me if the above are correct - along with any other information given.

I think this could be my William Lawrence who had his family in nearby Medmenham, Bucks starting in 1662.

Thanks,

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline colinsorigins

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Waltham St Lawrence PRs
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 September 07 01:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill

LDS have extracted the Waltham St. Lawrence PRs into the IGI.   I find the easy route to access records is through the Hugh Wallis site.

I assume your William is Gulielmus Lawrence who was baptized Sep 1636 with parents Johannis and Annea.   There is no record of his marriage.

Best wishes

Colin
Winterslow: Shears, Sheath, Stainer, Ballard
Wilton: Pressley, Beckett
Downton: Davis
Oxford: Honey
Usk/Caerwent: Thomas
Radnage/Dixton: Howells

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: Waltham St Lawrence PRs
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 September 07 14:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks Colin.

I've found a marriage in Fawley - very near Medmenham - between William Lawrence and Sarah Carter in 1661 - exactly the right time for the children I have for William.

However, I'm still trying to find William's baptism (and Sarah's for that matter!!) and am beginning to think that the Waltham St Lawrence baptism in 1636 might be it - although there's no sign of William naming any of his children John or Ann after his parents, which - at this time - would be a bit unusual.

Thanks again,

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.