Author Topic: Adams Family History  (Read 2170 times)

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Adams Family History
« on: Friday 03 August 07 19:14 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me to trace the baptism's of Hugh Adams or Henry Adams ( cousins ) born in the Belfast area about 1800-1810 . I don't know how to find this information, in Ireland,so any help appriciated. Also trying to find their marriage records,I dont know of either of their wifes names. A hopeless task ?
Hugh had a son Samuel b.1827 and daughter Mary b.1832 Belfast
.Henry had a daughter Jane b.1828 and son James b. abt 1830.
                                     Joy. (Jsearch )
Adams from Belfast Ireland and Liverpool. Sergeant from Liverpool. Smith from Liverpool. Stubbs, Jackson, Lynch from Lancaster and Liverpool. Graham from Workington Cumberland and Birkenhead Cheshire. Jackson from Chatham Kent and Birkenhead Cheshire. Holmes from Birkenhead Cheshire.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Adams Family History
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 August 07 19:17 BST (UK) »
You don't mention their religion which is very important when trying to locate church records. Also, any idea where the families might have lived? 'Belfast area' covers a large area with many churches of all religions.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 August 07 19:30 BST (UK) »
I know that Samuel ,my grt grandfather x2 lived in Academy St , Belfast.He was married at the Presbyterian  church, May St ,Belfast. 1849. to Jane Adams,their children were all baptized at the church.I am assuming that his parents  and Jane's came from the same area.
Adams from Belfast Ireland and Liverpool. Sergeant from Liverpool. Smith from Liverpool. Stubbs, Jackson, Lynch from Lancaster and Liverpool. Graham from Workington Cumberland and Birkenhead Cheshire. Jackson from Chatham Kent and Birkenhead Cheshire. Holmes from Birkenhead Cheshire.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 August 07 20:04 BST (UK) »
May Street Presbyterian Church only started 1829 (not sure if records go back that far) but if your family lived in the same area they would have attended another church in early 1800s.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 August 07 20:09 BST (UK) »
Many Thanks for your interest, as the church only started in 1829,I wouldn't know where to search!
                     Joy,

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 03 August 07 20:37 BST (UK) »
H

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 03 August 07 20:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks but I already have that information,but kind of you to reply.
                             J.