Author Topic: (Widnes) 1861/1871 Census Lookup Requests Please For Mary Rossiter  (Read 1120 times)

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "The truth is out there",Special Agent Fox Mulder
    • View Profile
(Widnes) 1861/1871 Census Lookup Requests Please For Mary Rossiter
« on: Monday 13 August 07 15:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for information please about the parents and siblings of Mary Rossiter born 1857 in Widnes.

The 1881 Census has her as a visitor with the Sinnott family.

Here's the census reference:-

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Best wishes

rcuser
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching Rossiter, Finn, Wright, Vaughan, Bloor, Acton, Clay, Moorhouse, Foxall, Hart, Knott and many other families

Offline willow2670

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: (Widnes) 1861/1871 Census Lookup Requests Please For Mary Rossiter
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 August 07 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi rcuser

Mary is a married lady on the 1881 census.

Any idea as to her maiden name? 

Sue
All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 August 07 16:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Sorry I missed that. Just saw a Rossiter living with another family without noting that she was a Rossiter by marriage not birth.

Unfortunately I do not know her surname but checking with FreeBMD I came up with the following possibles married in Liverpool Registration District:-

Philip Rossiter married Mary Smith June Qtr 1875 ( she would be about 18)
James Henry Rossiter married Mary Ann Rossiter March Qtr 1877 ( she would be about 20)

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

rcuser

Researching Rossiter, Finn, Wright, Vaughan, Bloor, Acton, Clay, Moorhouse, Foxall, Hart, Knott and many other families

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 August 07 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

Where do either Philip or James Henry fit in your family tree?  Do you know that they both married a Mary from later census entries?  If so - can you give us details of the later entries

Where were Philip and James born and when.  Are they brothers? 

Have you checked the 1881 census for both Philip and James to see if their respective wives were with them at that time as this would rule out any connection between the Widnes born Mary 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 August 07 17:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole,

Thanks for your post.

At this point, I have no idea whether Philip or James Henry are linked to my family tree since the marriages I found on FreeBMD do not give the year of birth of the people being married which is a requirement of most of the genealogy sources I use.

Even if it turns out they are not there's no obligation, as far as I know, under the Rootschat terms of use that they should be.

Provided that my posts comply with those terms I can't see a problem unless someone goes out of their way to cause one.

As I have said a number of times I only use Rootschat for queries that I cannot resolve via my usual sources. Even your favourite site, Ancestry ( of which I am a registered member) cannot always cough up all the answers.

If you want to help me with my queries.. great. If you don't that's OK too. I'll leave it to you decide which you want to do.

If because I make a lot of posts, the management of Rootschat would rather I stop posting here then they only have to say so and I will go elsewhere. It won't be as much fun but it's their site and if I'm not wanted here I will go.

Hope this clarifies matters.

Best wishes

rcuser

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 August 07 20:08 BST (UK) »
The questions I asked were relevant in trying to answer your query.

Even your favourite site, Ancestry ( of which I am a registered member) cannot always cough up all the answers.

As you have Ancestry access yourself - why are you asking for an 1861/71 census lookup on this board plus numerous other census lookup/BMD  requests on other Rootschat boards?   

It is usual to only ask for peoples help if you don't have the resources to find the answers yourself.

Looking at your other posts - others have had no problem finding the people you post about on the various censuses

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 August 07 22:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole,

As I said I don't have the years of birth. I could put the name into Ancestry and get a  lot of Philips and James Henrys and still be no wiser as I have no method of confirming who is the right person.As it happens there was one Philip born 1837 died 1934 who might fit the bill but even if he did my other sources cannot get beyond that. Similarly I found a James Henry with the same dates.

The advantage of Rootschat is that often contributors have access to the BVRI and other records which allow them to gain a greater insight into the situation. I only have access to online sources, which are often incomplete or incorrect.

One of the best things on Ancestry are not the censuses but the Family trees put up by fellow researchers who supply better records than public records and often provide things which were never recorded publicly.

There seems little point in my replying to your queries. It's clearly a waste of time both yours and mine. In future please feel free to ignore my posts and I'll ignore yours.   

Best wishes

rcuser

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 August 07 23:06 BST (UK) »
pm sent in reply to above

Just saw a Rossiter living with another family

I could put the name into Ancestry and get a  lot of Philips and James Henrys and still be no wiser as I have no method of confirming who is the right person.

Wouldn't it just be the same for anybody else?   If these people are in your family tree, you should have more knowledge of them than us so why would anybody unconnected to them be able to determine anything different??