Author Topic: Surname GRAY in Rode, Frome, Somerset  (Read 564 times)

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Surname GRAY in Rode, Frome, Somerset
« on: Tuesday 28 August 07 17:12 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am trying to find a Baptism date for my ancestor Hannah/Anna Gray,  but unfortunately I haven't been able to find her,  I've looked at the Freereg site  and I've found her father's Baptism date of 1 June 1791 St Lawrence in Rode.

I have a rough date for Hannah birth and its 1821/1826 Rode, Somerset, her parents names were Edward & Mary.    Hannah had 4 brothers and one sister and I have been unable to find them as well.

Edward's parents names were Edward and Elizabeth ( nee ) Leigh I found their marriage which was on the 4 Sept 1790 St Lawrence, Rode.

If anyone can help me I will be so grateful.  Thank you very much.

Offline andycarolyn1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Surname GRAY in Rode, Frome, Somerset
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 October 07 10:24 BST (UK) »
the only gray baptism at st laurence church rode is for john 24 aug 1823 parents edward and mary of north bradley
rode hill,christ's church has following baptisms for edward and mary:-
james 6 mar 1825
john 29 jul 1827
william 15 aug 1830
mary 31 jul 1836

sorry no anna/hannah though

hope this helps andy

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 October 07 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Andy,

Thank you so much for looking,  I believe you may have found Hannah's siblings as the names you mentioned are the names that I have with the dates being one year out,  so I think I can saftley say that these are mine,    the only two names that you haven't mentioned are Hannah's and her younger other brother Edward,  I have Edward's rough birth date as  1834 Rode.  I wonder where they could have been Ch. at  ?

Andy thank you so much,  I am really grateful for you taking the time and looking for me.

All the best.

Offline andycarolyn1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 October 07 13:49 BST (UK) »
in rode hill records there is an edwin gray baptised 2 jun 1833 but his parents are named as josephand sarah don't if this is your edward

also rode have following children of edward and mary a weaver of north bradley:-
joseph 19 apr 1812
ruth 23 may 1813
thomas 25 dec 1814
elizabeth 31 mar 1817

if you go to www.fromeresearch.org.uk there are parish records for frome area parishes and a link to join a yahoo group which has the rode records in its files and members who hold rode records