Author Topic: Victory Memorial Park Surrey B.C.  (Read 7910 times)

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
  • John - James William & Peter Elmer Sabiston
    • View Profile
Re: Victory Memorial Park Surrey B.C.
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 22 September 07 03:37 BST (UK) »
I talked with the same woman at Victory late today that helped me originaly and she is going to pull Thomas Stonehouse's file either Monday or Tuesday next week and see if there is any mention what the 3 / AM stands for.
As soon as she calls me I will let you know if she finds anything.

Spanish Eyes
Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

I Live In Aldergrove, BC, Canada (Outskirts Of Vancouver).

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 23 September 07 00:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Spanish_Eyes.

I have just  been speaking to my Mum and she seems to think Meggy and Thomas's Mother is also buried there.

Mary Alice Stonehouse nee Talkington d 8 Oct 1939.

Could you check it out for me please?

Also missing from this family is Christopher G Stonehouse. ( Son & Brother )

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 23 September 07 07:32 BST (UK) »
Hi again Carol

I did a quick local check of Mary Alice and Christopher and came up with nothing but I will check the same cemetery and see if they show up when the lady calls me back. There are other places to check too, but I will do that after.

There are a few Fletcher's and and Stonehouse's listed on the BC Archive Site, one with a Fletcher marrying a Stonehouse different than the names you gave me, maybe a rellie of yours I don't know....

Type in Fletcher or Stonehouse etc at this site and see: (http://search.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/sn-3A027B1/search).
Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 23 September 07 07:37 BST (UK) »
Forgot to ask.....do you have any more information on Mary Alice or Christopher like births, places etc. How about Mary, her husband and his info etc.....

Spanish Eyes

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 23 September 07 22:36 BST (UK) »
Mary Alice Stonehouse nee Talkington  b 1876 Loftus England ( Parent's George Talkington and Alice Ann Robinson ) married Christopher Stonehouse (1872 - 1929 ) at Middlesborough England 1896. Mary went to Canada in 1930.

Christopher G Stonehouse b 1906 Yorkshire England Parent's Mary Alice Talkington  and Christopher Stonehouse. Went to Canada in 1930.

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
and many more.

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 24 September 07 17:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks.....

I will hopefully hear from the cemetery today or tomorrow and I will ask her about the other two people.

Spanish Eyes

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 27 September 07 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

I spoke with the cemetery today and they have nothing on file which tells what 3 / AM stands for but his funeral may have been done by the Veterans at what they call Last Post.
I will contact them and see if they supplied the headstone and if they know what it may mean. The cemetery people seem to think it may mean he died at 3 AM.

On the other request, Mary Alice Stonehouse and Christopher G Stonehouse are not at this cemetery. Do you have a death for Christopher?

Spanish Eyes

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 27 September 07 01:09 BST (UK) »
All i have on Mary and Christopher is
 Immigration Records (1925-1935)

Surname:    Stonehouse
    Given name:    Mary A.
    Sex:    F
    Nationality:    En
    Date of arrival:    1930/05/04 (YYYY/MM/DD)
    Port of arrival:    Quebec , Quebec
    Ship:    ANTONIA , Cunard
    Reference:    RG76 - IMMIGRATION, series C-1-a
    Volume:    1930 volume 3
    Page:    101
    Microfilm reel:    T-14762
Possible Death;
British Columbia Death Index: 1872 to 1979
about Alice Mary Stonhouse
Name:    Alice Mary Stonhouse
Death Date:    8 Oct 1939
Place of Death:    Vancouver
Registration #:    1939-09-563685
bca #:    B13166
gsu #:    1953626
Names round the wrong way !!!!

Immigration Records (1925-1935)

Surname:    Stonehouse
    Given name:    Chris. G.
    Sex:    M
    Nationality:    En
    Date of arrival:    1930/05/04 (YYYY/MM/DD)
    Port of arrival:    Quebec , Quebec
    Ship:    ANTONIA , Cunard
    Reference:    RG76 - IMMIGRATION, series C-1-a
    Volume:    1930 volume 3
    Page:    101
    Microfilm reel:    T-14762

and many more.

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 27 September 07 17:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

Once I get a free moment I will check other cemeteries in the Vancouver area and see if I can locate them.

Spanish Eyes