Author Topic: Opinion wanted  (Read 878 times)

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
Opinion wanted
« on: Friday 21 September 07 22:18 BST (UK) »
This is bugging me big time...anyone who has Ancestry.Ca and feels like rendering an opinion...go to the Drouin Collection (Quebec vital records); Montreal; Congregational Pointe St Charles; 1914. Have a look at Page 5 (of 23), which is Folio five, and then turn over to Page 6, which is Folio six...and tell me if you think THERE IS A PAGE MISSING!!! Sorry, sorry...I'm just a leetle bit overworked about this ;D

The entries go from the tenth day of April to the third day of May. Not a big deal unless you know that a possible great-grandmother died on the 17th of April...and this is the church that buried her husband the year before. I can't find her in any of the other church registers.

The way Folio 6 starts is very strange, a few lines down the page and no capital letter...but the entry itself seems to be complete.

So, I solicit your opinions, surmises and wild guesses...anything at all ;D

Cheers,
China
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Opinion wanted
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 September 07 04:48 BST (UK) »
I don't have access to Ancestry.ca, but apparently you're not the only one that has noticed this.

(search: missing pages)
http://stephendanko.com/blog/2007/05/

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
Re: Opinion wanted
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 September 07 16:01 BST (UK) »
That's interesting...thanks Janice.

Cheers,
China
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt