Author Topic: Will Copy - Victoria  (Read 681 times)

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Will Copy - Victoria
« on: Sunday 30 September 07 05:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

Is it possible for someone with access to the Victorian probate index to check if there is an entry for a Isabella Grant who died in 1916 or a Peter Grant who died in 1911. Have a vague feeling that a relative told me that one of these people made a will but am not sure. If there is an entry could someone tell me how to go about ordering a copy of the will sent to me...... I live a couple of hours north of Sydney and its a bit of a drive to Victoria  :)

Any information would be appreciated.

Jaki
<i>OK Charles Henry Kingwell when did you arrive in Australia????</i><br /><b>Coates</b> - Warwickshire, Staffordshire??<br /><b>Hall</b> - Warwickshire, Yorkshire<br /><b>Hirst</b> - Yorkshire<br /><b>Kingwell, Bulley, Bunce</b> - Devon<br /><b>Sample</b> - Northumberland, Durham<br /><b>Shipp</b> - Gloucester<br /><b>MacGillivray, Grant, Forbes, McBean</b> - Scotland

Offline gennig

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Will Copy - Victoria
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 October 07 00:49 BST (UK) »
Hi jaki

If there is a will it will be online.  I'll check the probate indexes for you.

Then all you need to do is logon to the PROV (register as a user, if you aren't already)  and order the will using the reference no.

Regards

Genni
All census look up transcriptions are Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames:
Armstrong, Gray, Greco, Lambden, Le Busque, Beaton, Carron, Pitt, Gould
Areas:
Victoria, Tasmania, Hampshire, Berkshire, Yorkshire, Fermanagh, Glamorgan

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Will Copy - Victoria
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 October 07 11:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Genni

Thanks for that. Will wait to hear.

Jaki
<i>OK Charles Henry Kingwell when did you arrive in Australia????</i><br /><b>Coates</b> - Warwickshire, Staffordshire??<br /><b>Hall</b> - Warwickshire, Yorkshire<br /><b>Hirst</b> - Yorkshire<br /><b>Kingwell, Bulley, Bunce</b> - Devon<br /><b>Sample</b> - Northumberland, Durham<br /><b>Shipp</b> - Gloucester<br /><b>MacGillivray, Grant, Forbes, McBean</b> - Scotland