Author Topic: name of ship if poss-  (Read 17619 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: name of ship if poss-
« Reply #18 on: Friday 11 January 08 04:35 GMT (UK) »
Try writing to the email address under "Liverpool Series, on film " at the top of the page... ? . I am not sure myself...sorry... J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline lindy-lou

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 11 January 08 11:55 GMT (UK) »
thanks for that will give it a go and let you know if i'm successful, would be nice to have it.
Cruickshank (Huntly/Gartly), Robertson (Kirriemuir), Mundie(y) (St fergus), Cheyne (St Fergus), McGregor (Perth), Thomson,  Rennie, Clark,Willox,  N/NE Scotland
Chads(worldwide)
Lightbourn,Parker, Bermuda
Cornell, USA
McFarlane,Isle of Mull & Renfrewshire
Breslin,Glasgow & Ireland

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 31 January 11 03:11 GMT (UK) »
This thread is looking for Jean Cruickshank,  married to William Chads....Lindy-lou we can still look for more on her within this thread, I am just pointing to the connected urls to make sure there's a link again for those searching...Did you find out more on Jean...so sorry we have strayed so far into the Homechild aspect of this...

We have also found he married first to Emma Baker, a Homechild , her thread is here on the Canada board
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,307328.0.html
and looking for Emma and siblings in Kent England
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,498941.0.html

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline lindy-lou

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 31 January 11 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi, JJ
Many thanks for linking posts together....I don't know which one to be replying on though?
I'm still no further forward trying to locate Jean Cruickshank in Canada, what I do have is just possibilities for her.  There is a Jennie Cruickshank (Jennie could have been mis written for Jeanie) onboard Lake Champlain dep UK (think Liverpool) 21/7/1910 going to Quebec, age 21, which would be correct for Jean Cruickshank, occ Domestic.
My computer crashed and I lost alot of research but this is from memory, I'm sure on original passenger list it said destination was Toronto.  Again from memory, I found a Jean Cruickshank on 1911 Toronto census listed as a domestc at a hospital in Toronto, age was about right for Jean.  But when I try searching census again I can't locate her.  Also on this census page was a Mary Cruickshank, as of yet I don't know if Jean had cousins etc named Mary.
I have everything of Jean's birth & death in Scotland and her family tree going back to c1740 but nothing concrete on her time in Canada.

Lindy-lou :)
Cruickshank (Huntly/Gartly), Robertson (Kirriemuir), Mundie(y) (St fergus), Cheyne (St Fergus), McGregor (Perth), Thomson,  Rennie, Clark,Willox,  N/NE Scotland
Chads(worldwide)
Cornell, USA

Offline lindy-lou

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 31 January 11 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Have found in my well unorganised filing system a piece of paper with a reference to 1911 Toronto census:  1911/ontario/toronto/36 (ward 4)/pg1  line 16...............Lakeside House (Summer annex of Toronto Children's Hospital, Hanlon's Point. Jean Cruickshank age 20.  I haven't made a note of nationality & arrival date in Canada :-[  will see if I can find census page again
Chads(worldwide)
Cornell, USA

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 31 January 11 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Yes this is the correct thread ...I read through to see that the census entry was  given to you on an earlier reply #15 just above... http://automatedgenealogy.com/census11/SplitView.jsp?id=83040
age 20 a hospital attendant  b. April 1891 age 20 immigration 1910 from Scotland
I will get the entry into Canada for you once again... and modify to add it to this same reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~added:   
hospital attendant = non-medical duties so could be various duties to tending to patients or clerical it seems
question 1.  What is the right birth information
               2.  So did you ever did find a marriage for them??

By the by Jean, Jane, Janet, Jennie, Janie, Jeannie, etc. all interchangeable apparently......  http://members.shaw.ca/nanaimo.fhs/X074.pdf
We won't go through the passenger list then until we hear back from you...

Offline lindy-lou

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 31 January 11 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for missing previous link to 1911 census, I should have re-read thread before replying.
Jean (Jane) Cruickshank dob 26/6/1888, Gartly, Aberdeenshire, parents James Cruickshank & Janet Robertson (they were both born, married & died in Scotand)
No, I haven't been able to find Jean's marriage to William, on my grandmother's birth cert, she was born 1917, Aberdeen it says Jean & William married 17/3/1911, Winnipeg.
Lindy-lou :)
Chads(worldwide)
Cornell, USA

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 31 January 11 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Arghh, my first reply went South...
I thought you had said the marriage took place in Ontario? If they married in Winnipeg in March, then do we have the wrong fellow?? It says Chads on the actual image, and there were no others about I don't think... and where is she??

The census started on  June 1, although it can take quite a while to get everyone... Mind you the apartment supers would sometimes fill in blanks, maybe he didn't know they were hitched. Might have kept it a secret to avoid paying double occupancy... I may not have checked directories for him yet, or did I? So long ago I can't remember...

Sending for a marriage would be a good idea then, although they are not on the database
Modified to add new/working url http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/Query.php

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 31 January 11 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Found a death for a sister in B.C. though...
Jan. 6 1968, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
Betsy Robertson Thomson ( Widow od James ) 
age71y born May  16  1896 Aberdeen, Scotland
Parents  James Cruickshank & Janet Robertson
Film 2033931  Folder   4479278   Image 1207
BCAFilm # B13287  Reg #  68 09 001227

Holy Mackerl you had a lot answered by Kenjo  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,276201.0.html
You probably thanked her by p.m. but looks better to thank on the actual thread, so everyone knows you're grateful...