Author Topic: vital records index  (Read 1799 times)

Offline caron

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
vital records index
« on: Wednesday 22 December 04 13:10 GMT (UK) »
I have noticed that there is an offer of a look ups for the British Isles Vital Records index under the Census look up section.

I understand that this is an index from the mormon church, does this have exactly the same information on the Family search website or does it contain more information?

What can be obtained from the VRI, is it again christenings, marriages and a few deaths?

Yr clarification would be appreciated
Many thanks
Caron
Mayhew of Coddenham,, Rogers of Southwark, Green of Leighton Buzzard. Greens of Islington.Challis of Southwark, Goddard Islington/Redgrave, Chamberlain of Kettering, Price of St Pancras, Selman of Middlesex. Dench of Littleport. Curtis southwark/Bristol

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: vital records index
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caron

See here for parishes/events covered in BVRI 2:

http://www.genoot.com/downloads/BVRI2/

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline westhamlee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 14:04 GMT (UK) »
I have dowloaded this file for Sussex and found the Parish (Piddinghoe)I am interested in what do you do with it when you have done this how do I get to view the the records that they speak of Piddinghoe, Sussex, England                                                                               Total:          10                                 1067262        1880-1881            10
. Any info gratefully received and Happy christmas to all
Lee

crouch cherry sapsford

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lee

Go to the Census and resource look up requests on here (rootschat) and post a request BVRI look up please and then give details in the body of the post.  There are people on here who have the CDs/disks.

The 10 does mean that there are only 10 entries for that parish so there might not be the name that you are looking for.

Good luck

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 14:45 GMT (UK) »
And it also indicates that the 10 records are only from the years 1880 - 1881, so unfortunately probably even less chance of it being the one you hope for!  What was the name - I'll look it up for you.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 14:55 GMT (UK) »
HI
I have the BVRI but it does not have deaths if you tell me what you are looking for I will take a look
audrey

Offline caron

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 20:07 GMT (UK) »
thank you for directing me to the website.  Can you see if you can find a Thomas Green born in the 1770's at Pitstone Bucks 1042396.

Thank you
Mayhew of Coddenham,, Rogers of Southwark, Green of Leighton Buzzard. Greens of Islington.Challis of Southwark, Goddard Islington/Redgrave, Chamberlain of Kettering, Price of St Pancras, Selman of Middlesex. Dench of Littleport. Curtis southwark/Bristol

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 20:17 GMT (UK) »
caron
there is no Thomas Green in 1770s listed in the BVRI
sorry
audrey

Offline caron

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 20:28 GMT (UK) »
thank you for looking. I thought I would try Pitstone in Bucks where his wife came from.

I found him in the 1841 census living at Leighton Buzzard  Beds aged 60 with wife Sarah Green aged 60 nee Narroway.  He said he was not born in the County, so I was hoping that we would find him in a nearby county. 

Thank you for spending time looking for me.
Caron