Author Topic: Address look up  (Read 2098 times)

Offline deetur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Address look up
« on: Tuesday 16 October 07 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me please?

I'm looking for an address on the 1901 census, I do not know the names of the people living there - that's what I'm after.

The property is Blaenwaun (possibly Blaen-waun) in Llwyn-y-groes (Llywnygroes) which now comes under Tregaron, Ceredigion.  This is the current address.  As far as I know it's always been called Blaenwaun.

Is anyone able to help me please?

Thanks
Danni
Mason (Worcestershire, Hereford & Glamorgan), Turner (London), Bodell (Shoreditch, London), Gilley (London), Pengilley (Devon), Brent (London), Bishop, Dunsdon/Dunsden (Berks & Canada), Grimes (London), Denton (Berks), Ives (London), Bedwell (Berks), Hailey, Jenkinson, Lay, Malone (London & Ireland), Parry (Herefordshire), Sydes

Offline deetur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Address look up
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 October 07 19:32 BST (UK) »
I'm also looking for it on 1891, 1881, 1871, 1861, 1851 and 1841... etc

But thought it best to start with the 1901 census  ;D
Mason (Worcestershire, Hereford & Glamorgan), Turner (London), Bodell (Shoreditch, London), Gilley (London), Pengilley (Devon), Brent (London), Bishop, Dunsdon/Dunsden (Berks & Canada), Grimes (London), Denton (Berks), Ives (London), Bedwell (Berks), Hailey, Jenkinson, Lay, Malone (London & Ireland), Parry (Herefordshire), Sydes

Offline aletan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Address look up
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 October 07 17:35 BST (UK) »
Hi
Have you thought about looking in the next village?
I had trouble finding my house as we use only the postal town address and the census gives the address as the nearest village.
I suggest looking under Betws Lleucu or Gartheli (these are the nearest village and have church.) if the house you are  looking for is not in Llywn-y-groes itself.

I also suggest you try www.dyfedfhs.org.uk   This is the Dyfed family history site.
and the National library of Wales in Aberystwyth, web site www.llgc.org.uk

Hope this may help you in your search.
happy searching
from Alex