Author Topic: Recording Family History Now on Video, How?  (Read 639 times)

Offline HappyGenes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Recording Family History Now on Video, How?
« on: Friday 26 October 07 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone!

I decided after spending the past two months researching my relatives, I want to get my family members on video now. I want my great-grandchildren to be able to hear all the stories of my life directly from me. And I want my parents and uncles and aunts to get themselves recorded before it's too late.

The problem is, I know nothing of video technology. And I want something that is professional so it will survive the years. And my family is scattered across the States, so I don't know of video places around there.

Has anyone else attempted this? Any one have a special trick or some genealogy company that does this?

Thank you!

Offline lizzyissy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Recording Family History Now on Video, How?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 October 07 01:26 BST (UK) »
Hey there HappyGenes!

It's almost as though I signed up just to tell you about what I found. Seriously, only two hours before I signed up I found the exact thing you're looking for (I think).

go to http://www.sagas.com/home.html

they record personal history videos. professional. and they apparently can record anywhere in the United States.

I hope it helps!

Offline HappyGenes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Recording Family History Now on Video, How?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 October 07 01:31 BST (UK) »
wow, I almost don't believe it! I've never found exactly what I wanted from a forum before. Roots Chat is amazing!

And so are you lizzy, SAGAS looks perfect!