Author Topic: Wynne - Flintshire  (Read 10232 times)

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Wynne - Flintshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 29 October 07 00:16 GMT (UK) »
I'll have a look and see if there is anything.

Paul.

Offline Wych

• RootsChat Extra
  • Luca of Wychwoods
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 October 07 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi both Peter and Paul,

In my excitement over my new Wynne connection I posted a joint reply to your messages and it somehow vanished into the network.   So let me start again.

First to Paul.   Yes pleeeease!!!   A look-up of Alice's death (if you are able) would be a huge boon.   

I found the 1806 marriage that Peter mentioned and see that it lists Alice's maiden name as Evans.   I ran with this thread and came up with parents for Alice, Peter Evans and Mary Hall - parents for Peter, Gabriel Evans and Alice Parry, parents for Gabriel, John Evans and Winefrid ?   I realise that this info needs verification but since all Christenings and marriages are found at St John the Baptist, Chester - it makes a good starting point.

Peter, I am so excited and can hardly believe that at last I have a connection to my Wynne family.   Ellis is my 4 x gt. grandfather and to date I have found nothing for him, so your info is most welcome.   I have quite a lot of info on Charles and his descendants.  His daughter Annie, from his second marriage to Mary Smith married my great grandfather George Alcock in Birkenhead in 1873.   They came out to SA around 1890 where sadly Annie died in 1893.   In 1900 George went back to B'head and married Alice Edwards (the daughter of Thomas Edwards and Elizabeth Wynne) and grandaughter of Charles from his first marriage to Hannah Jones.   Work that one out if you can!!!  It took me a while I might add.  Just as a matter of interest, Charles did eventually learn to write - I have his Bible where he listed his marriage to Hannah Jones and the details of his first two children, unfortunately that was all.   Obviously writing was not his strong point!

Peter, any info of Charles' siblings would be most welcome.   Would it be more appropriate to take this discussion off list?   Please advise.

Regards,

Yvonne
My emails are not working at the moment
ALCOCK - LIVERPOOL, LANCS. & BIRKENHEAD, CHS.
SYKES - STOCKPORT & BIRKENHEAD, CHS.
QUIGGIN - ISLE OF MAN & LIVERPOOL
PORTER - LIVERPOOL, LANCS.
WYNNE - FLINTSHIRE, WALES & BIRKENHEAD, CSH.
SMITH, EVANS, OWENS, ADSHEAD, PARRY, HALL - CHESTER
PINDER - SHOREDITCH & SURROUNDING AREAS, LONDON
SMITH - ST MARTIN IN THE FIELDS, WESTMINSTER.
RADLEY/READLEY - SAINT MARYLEBONE, LONDON
SOUTH AFRICA - ALCOCK, PAPENDORF, PIENAAR, SLABBERT, BROWN(E), ALBERTYN, LIEBENBERG

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 29 October 07 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yvonne

It makes sense to 'come off list' .  I will however be very interested in what Paul manages to find.
In order to tie in some of my info before doing so do you have any evidence that Stephen is Charles brother? I have a Silas Wynne born 1814 and the Stephen you mention appears to be born circa 1810.
If you would care to PM me your email address I will forward a copy of Elizabeth's marriage cert.
Most of my info on the Wynne family is either from IGI or census returns which you may already have found.
I will need time to work out the marriage you mention!!!

Best wishes

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 30 October 07 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yvonne, Peter.
I'm not sure what info you both have. It might be better if you let me know what you would like me to look for. I might spend time looking for things you already have.

Paul.

Offline Wych

• RootsChat Extra
  • Luca of Wychwoods
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 30 October 07 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,

Would it be possible to look for Alice's death.   These are two options found on North Wales BMD.

WYNNE Alice Mold Flintshire (Mold)   MOLD/09/8   1855
WYNNE Alice Holywell Flintshire (Mold)   HOL/12/81   1858

I have no idea what sort of information will be given on these documents but whatever it is, it will be more than I (and Peter) have at this stage.

I am not sure where exactly to look for Charles Wynne's birth in 1821 but the Census info gives Gwernymynydd, Mold, Flint as his birth place.   If you are able to find anything for him it would be heaven sent.

As far as Ellis and Alice's marriage goes at St John the Baptist, Chester in 1806, I will post a message on Cheshire list.

Thank you so much for your kind offer.

Regards,

Yvonne.
SOUTH AFRICA - ALCOCK, PAPENDORF, PIENAAR, SLABBERT, BROWN(E), ALBERTYN, LIEBENBERG

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 30 October 07 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yvonne. I do my lookups in parish registers at the Records Office unfortunately they don't have birth & death records but baptism, burials & marriages

I found this burial in Mold.
March 22 1855. Alice Wynne. abode Gwernaffield. age 67 years.

You might be interested in these Gwernaffield burials.
April 10 1885. Ellis Wynne. abode, Birkenhead. age 50, years.
July 6 1896. John Wynne. abode, Birkenhead. age 34, years.

No sign of a baptism in Mold or Gwernaffield for Charles 1821.

Where did you get Ellis and Alice marriage Chester 1806?

Paul

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 30 October 07 23:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul & Yvonne

Paul thanks for the Burial- it looks likely and when I have a moment I will send for the certificate.

I think most of Yvonne and my info has come from IGI / censuses although I did do some look ups a couple of years ago. I will have to find my original paperwork to see which are confirmed.

For Paul's behalf these are the siblings which we have:
Siley 1814, John 1815, Ellis 1819, Charles 1820 , Eliza 1822 (died young) , Elizabeth 1826, Mary 1830 and Harriet 1832 (may be a grand-daughter).

If the marriage is 1806 that leaves a big gap. Stephen is a possible from around 1810.

I am sure Yvonne would like to find Charles's baptism and both of us would like to find Ellis (senior) baptism circa 1781 (Yvonne states circa 1790 and Cilcain but he is not in any census and I am unsure where she has this from).
Any siblings found between the possible marriage and 1814 will help with tying things together.

Paul thank you once again for your help.

I am emailing Yvonne seperately.

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Wych

• RootsChat Extra
  • Luca of Wychwoods
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 31 October 07 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,

Thank you so very much for the burial information and your time invested in helping us.   It definitely looks like our Alice and ties in with her birth date of 1788, I' sure Peter will agree.   Not too sure about the other two but will keep them on file and no doubt they will fit in at a later stage.   Charles Wynne moved to Birkenhead around 1850 so it is very possible there is a link.

The marriage for Ellis and Alice in 1806 St John the Baptist, Chester, I found on the IGI - I am pretty sure it is the right one as family names/places/timeline etc all tie in.

It looks like Charles is going to hide for a while longer so I will just have to be patient, I have come to realise that these ancestors of ours only allow themselves to be found when it suits them, not us.

Once again, many thanks.

Regards,

Yvonne   

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 31 October 07 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yvonne, Peter.
Chester St John the Baptist.
Banns published. 30 March, 6 April, 13 April,.
Married 25 Aug 1806.
Ellis Wynne(X) Husbandman.Bachelor. of this parish.
Alice Evans(X). Spinster. of this parish.
Witnesses. Ann Berges and Martha Burges(X)
(X)=did not sign made mark.

Cilcain baptisms 1743-1787.
Aug 29 1744. Ellis Wynne S/O Ellis and Sarah.
Feb 14 1762. Ellis Wynne S/O Ellis and Sarah.
June 4 1781. Ellis Wynne. S/O David and Elizabeth.

Cilcain baptisms 1788-1812.
Aug 17 1806. Ellis Wynne S/O Ellis and Elizabeth.

Cilcain marriage. July 22 1797.
Ellis Wynne. S/O Ellis and Sarah. age 34.
Elizabeth Jones(X) D/O. Richard and Prudence. AGE19 :P.
Both of this parish.
Witness. Margaret Roberts(X).

Paul.