Author Topic: How lovely is this!  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How lovely is this!
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 03 November 07 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Yes I take your point Jenny....there does appear to be a slight motion blur and on that leg and as you say...he isn't sitting square with the chair...
I did hint about the scan size to the sender but given that she was sending a few...I didn't want her to think I was being picky...I was so pleased to have it...I also have a cabinet card of a younger Tom that I may post for dating....but the condition is not so good but it is a lot older.
Glad you enjoyed doing it...it is such a thrill to get a go at a pic in such good conditon 8)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline PaulaToo

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 03 November 07 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Had he been in the War, Carol?
I'm thinking war wounds.......
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 03 November 07 18:54 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure Paula...I must see what I can find out!
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Rabbit B

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1937 - 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 03 November 07 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,

I have been looking at this photograph with great interest.

I do so love the way they colour them up!  Having said that they are all so different, but the last one is outstanding.

Before I got to PaulaToo's comments I was wondering if the Grandfather had ever broken his leg, sometime in those days a broken leg would heal shorter than the other. 

They did not have the skill or equipment that they have now to mend bones. Broken hip, left untreated would heal like that as well.

This is a wonderful picture. I am sure that you and your family will treasure it.  I have my family portraits hanging on the walls coming up the stairs.  I would have to frame this if it were mine.

Rabbit B  ;D

Conning/London
Wareham/Winchester
Hart/Cambridgeshire
Burns/Byrne/Liverpool and Ireland
Nibbs/London
Brealey/Staffordshire
Melbourn/Melbourne/Cambridgeshire
Hoyle/Liverpool
Relf/Sussex