Author Topic: Traveling Man  (Read 669 times)

Offline sootey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Traveling Man
« on: Friday 09 November 07 15:07 GMT (UK) »
if my family and I, was a traveling FAMILY AND MY WIFE GAVE BIRTH IN LEEDS AND WE DIDN'T REGISTER THE BIRTH COULD WE REGISTER THE CHILD IN ANOTHER TOWN ? ???
I am researching my family tree suter, suiter, suitor of CAMBRIDGESHIRE AT THE PRESENT I AM AT A BRICK WALL WITH JOHN SUITER MARRID GRACE SMITH on 12march1780 at THONLEY

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: TRAVELING MAN
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 November 07 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sootey,

this information from the General Register Office website may help you, I think you can register a birth at any register office:

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/births/registeringabirth/wheredoigo.asp

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 November 07 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Are you referring to a birth in the nineteenth century, or today? According to the 1874 Registration Act, although you could go to any office the registration was made in the district in which the birth took place, as stated in the Act;

6. Any person required by this Act to give information con­cerning a birth, who removes before such birth is registered out of the sub-district in which such birth has taken place, may, within
three months after such birth, give the information by making and signing in the presence of the registrar of the sub-district in which he resides a declaration in writing of the particulars required to be registered concerning such birth; and such registrar ­on payment of the appointed fee shall receive and attest the declaration and send the same to the registrar of the sub-district in which the birth took place; and the last-mentioned registrar shall, in the prescribed manner, enter the birth in the register; and the entry so made shall be deemed, for the purposes of the Births and Deaths Registration Acts, 1836 to 1874, to have been signed by the person who signed the declaration.

A person making a declaration in pursuance of this section in the case of any birth shall be deemed to have complied with the provisions of this Act as to giving information concerning that birth, and with any requisition of the registrar made under this Act within the said three months to attend and give information concerning that birth.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fisherman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 November 07 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sootey,

My garndaughter was born on 31 Oct. in Bridgend.  Her parents registered the birth in Ystradgynlais, Powys today.  The registrar trook the details and sent them to Bridgend who will issue the birth certificate.
What Stan said really.

Fisherman
Sockett in Shropshire, Montgomeryshire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire, Glamorgan and probably the rest of the UK
Corbet/t in Shropshire, Norfolk, Worcestershire
Gambold in South West Wales, USA, Australia
Baylis/s in Gloucestershire, South Wales
Richards in Breconshire
Manthorpe in Shropshire, Norfolk, Cheshire, Suffolk