Author Topic: Denton Mead Eastbourne  (Read 703 times)

Offline DKing

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Denton Mead Eastbourne
« on: Sunday 25 November 07 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Is there anyone who can help me I am trying to trace a house ans the only information I have is that this would have been a house of quality, it was in a road called Denton Road, in a place called
Denton Mead or Meads in Eastbourne, I have the name of the house as what looks like 'Cloneevin' ?? I want to know anything about it, maybe a house number or photo's. I don't know its age but would have been visited in the 1930's by a lady of means who took servants, cooks etc with her, she stayed here in the summer months.
Any help would be appreciated.

Dave K

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Denton Mead Eastbourne
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 November 07 17:36 GMT (UK) »
There is an area of Eastbourne known as Meads and a Denton Road there too.   Try googling it and you may well find a map of the area.  It is to the south of the town, a little inland from the coast.
Andrea

Offline DKing

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 November 07 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks but the 1st thing I did was google, I am trying to find some actual history of the house or if it still exists now, as I mentioned initially I know roughly where it is, my problem is any history about it.

Thanks
Dave K

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 November 07 20:31 GMT (UK) »
perhaps you could try and contact Eastbourne Borough Council they grant planning permission etc.

http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/

or the local paper, they often have a local history section

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive