Author Topic: WEIDIG, UK, All dates  (Read 1762 times)

Offline molljohn

• RootsChat Member
  • ONE AND ALL
    • View Profile
WEIDIG, UK, All dates
« on: Friday 31 December 04 14:57 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to do research into the name weidig .My great grandfather came from Germany his name was Heinrich Weidig . I don't know when he arrived in England but he married in 1882 no mention of him in the 1881 census .There is another family of Weidigs in the 1881 census a Charles and his wife Louise. Has anybody any info ,thanks  ::)
WE ARE RESEARCHING -  BUCKLAND,CHAPMAN,CUBITT.LEAHY,MELBOURNE,WINN, WEIDIG,VINTON & VENNING

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: weidig
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 December 04 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi molljohn

Are you doing a One Name Study on the entire family name or are you just after information on these particular individuals?  :)

If the latter is the case I will gladly move the post for you to a more relevant board which may help to generate a response for you.   Please let me have any information on possible locations (County etc.) so I can place it in the right board.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline molljohn

• RootsChat Member
  • ONE AND ALL
    • View Profile
Re: weidig
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 January 05 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ticker
     And Happy New Year
  I would like to research details on the weidig name in the U.K. to begin with .
I have a lot of details on my direct line and would like to add and maybe join that to other lines. The only other family I have traced in 1881 lived in Clapham Surrey Charles & Louise were from Germany and their children
Edward age 15 Emma 10, Charles 12, William 8 were born in Whitechapel and Frederick 5 was born in Clapham . I have Charles death cert. he died in1895 aged 57 his occupation is given as a master baker and at the time of death he was living in Mile End . I have a copy of his will that states he was formerly from Giessen in Germany. I have found that at least 3 of the children married William,Edward and Frederick but the trail then goes cold . My line of Weidigs changed their names during WW1 so I wonder if the same applies
and if so does the above help anybody
WE ARE RESEARCHING -  BUCKLAND,CHAPMAN,CUBITT.LEAHY,MELBOURNE,WINN, WEIDIG,VINTON & VENNING