Author Topic: John Ryan, Waterford City  (Read 4381 times)

Offline chrisjen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John Ryan, Waterford City
« on: Sunday 02 January 05 18:42 GMT (UK) »
I would be very grateful for any info on John Michael Ryan, born City of Waterford around 1854.   His father was Michael Ryan, also of Waterford.   John left Ireland in 1872, and married in Pembroke in 1874. I found his father's name on his marriage cert, and also in a small family bible.   Tragically, John died in 1878 of pneumonia.   I was able to trace his grave to Llanion cemetary in Pembroke, and have tried unsuccessfully ever since to find more details of his Irish family.   I found some details today on deaths in Waterford by following another thread, but many Michael Ryan's have showed up, and I really need an idea of where the family lived to proceed further!   I hope some kind soul will be able to share their ideas with me!
Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Offline keithR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Ryan, Waterford City
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 March 05 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I Hope you don't mind me contacting you.
My name is Keith Ryan and i have been searching for information on my Grandfather William Ryan born 1898 County Waterford Ireland .This is the only connection i have with him in Ireland , other than that he was sent to USA in 1907 by himself i don't know why. But he didn't seem to have any Parents his next of kin was his cousin who lived in Carrickbeg Coolnamuck Ireland. he did leave USA and joined the 8th Liverpool Kings Regiment in 1916. he died in 1932 in the City of Liverpool England.
I Wondered if you may have come across this name in your search?
I am sorry i  have caused an inconvenience
Thank you
Keith
RYAN,ROUE,LEATHERBARROW,HOLME,FAIRCHILD,JONES,JACKSON,
CARRINGTON

Offline chrisjen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 31 March 05 18:42 BST (UK) »
Dear Keith

Great to hear from you, but sorry I don't have any info on William Ryan for you.   The only details I have on John Ryan are on my post, and I'm struggling to find out more!   If I ever find anything to link the two men, I'll certainly be in touch.   In the meantime, good luck with your research.

Regards,
Chris :)

Offline Annie91232

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 November 05 15:47 GMT (UK) »
chrisjen and KeithR:

It will be tough trying to track down Ryans without more detail, as birth information is kept within individual parishes and there are so many churches in Co. Waterford.

If you have full death certificates, could you not attempt to work backwards? 

Keith,

You could get a lot of information from his military records held at The Public Records Office, Kew, Surrey.

Good luck to you both.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 May 07 12:00 BST (UK) »
Dear Keith

Great to hear from you, but sorry I don't have any info on William Ryan for you.   The only details I have on John Ryan are on my post, and I'm struggling to find out more!   If I ever find anything to link the two men, I'll certainly be in touch.   In the meantime, good luck with your research.

Regards,
Chris :)

Hiya Chris,

Here's the link to another of KeithR's threads.
1901 LOST. Are you still struggling in the attempt to discover more about John Ryan ???

Christopher

Offline chrisjen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 May 07 10:19 BST (UK) »
Dear Christopher

Yes, the same old story with Irish relatives, a real struggle!   The only concrete info I have is his father's name Michael Ryan, of Waterford City, which was inside a small Roman Catholic missal.   I've looked at the parishes of Waterford City,  and did find that the LDS have some records available to check.   Of course Michael may not have been married in Waterford City, and John may not have been born there.   A small clue might be his only daughter's name Mary Ellen, who was only two months old when he died - but I might be clutching at straws here!

Thanks for your interest,
Chris

Offline Jax49

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 08:34 BST (UK) »
Hi John, You should try tracing your relatives service record. My GGrandfather was in the Kings Liverpool regiment, with the help of the forum www.1914-1918.org I found out so much about him. I had no number for him but with the info I did have
someone on there who is an expert in KLR gave me so much information I was overwhelmed! Its worth a try.

Jacqui

Bradshaw Tyldesley/Worsley Lancs. RIMMER Liverpool/Birkenhead/Eccles Lancs. Dale Congleton.
Storey Kendal/Eccles. Ryan County Galway Ireland.
O'SULLIVAN Oughterard/ Cornamona County Galway, Ireland. Butler and Burke, Count Galway.  Cowburn Atherton, Manley Worsley. Durban (various spelling) Chilvers Coton Warwickshire. Phidiam/Fidium Worsley.