Author Topic: Blackadder in Falkirk.  (Read 49076 times)

Offline rtbcomp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blackadder in Falkirk.
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 14 December 19 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Plunk47

I've just stumbled across your post re the Rover car.

I am doing similar research for a friend who has a 1925 Rover 14/45 which was owned by the HB family.  He thinks it may have RAF connections, and the original paintwork was badly over-sprayed in RAF blue.

It had modifications to the carburettor and a tow-bar fitted.

I have found a reference to Sir Thomas-Houston RAFVR which seems to confirm the RAF connection, presumably with RAF Chartehall?

Kind regards,

Roger

Offline Blckdder

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blackadder in Falkirk.
« Reply #64 on: Monday 09 October 23 16:29 BST (UK) »
With reference to Blackadder Motor Company in Falkirk, can it be confirmed that this was set up by a member of the Blackadder family, and has NO direct connection with the Blackadder estate of the Houstoun-Boswall family.  Alternatively, could one of the Houstoun-Boswall family have been owners / diectors of the Blackadder Motor Co.?
(Reason for the inquiry - we are researching the history of an antique car once owned by the HB family and think it might have been supplied through the Blackadder Motor co (who were Rover dealers).  This would be more likely if there was a family connection)

My grandad Thomas Ernest Blackadder ran Blackadder motor compamy in Falkirk. His father was Matthew Blackadder.