Author Topic: GAULTs Of Carnmoney 1780 -1873  (Read 1056 times)

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
GAULTs Of Carnmoney 1780 -1873
« on: Monday 03 January 05 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Gault married to Samuel Porter lived at Ballyveasey Orange Hall she has a sister called Agnes brothers Robert John,(he never married)and William (married Jennie Cowin) and a uncle called William John Gault does anyone have any information about my relatives please so I can trace further back
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: GAULTs Of Carnmoney 1780 -1873
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 May 07 08:18 BST (UK) »
Hiya Steve,

Were your rellies from Carnmoney members of the Presbyterian congregation? There's a book by Robert H. Bonnar "Nigh On Three and a Half Centuries : A History of Carnmoney Presbyterian Church" It might contain the names of some of your rellies.

Chris

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 May 07 08:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks Chris for that

I have not read it yet, but do have a few pages from it that someone thought might be of intrest to me.

Is there a copy at the linen Hall ?

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 May 07 08:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Chris for that

I have not read it yet, but do have a few pages from it that someone thought might be of intrest to me.

Is there a copy at the linen Hall ?

Steve

Steve,

There's a copy in the Central Library. I tried to reserve it online but have to go to Ballynahinch Library and reserve it there. I could have a look at it when next in the Central Library

Chris