Author Topic: Murdoch Kelburne King  (Read 3126 times)

Offline weemary

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Murdoch Kelburne King
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 January 08 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann

I have sent  you a PM, woth a link to another foru, who are discussing the above -  hope it is of some help to you.

Here’’s a little info on Dr. Kelburne King, of Hull, who treated RDS after he was shot.  RDS is Robert Donston Stephenson, he was involved in someway with jack the ripper, according to the link I sent you???

IGI listing: Murdock Kelburn King married Mary Burrell - 24 Dec.1850 - Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland
They are listed in the 1861, 1871, and 1881 census for Sculcoates (Surgeon MD FRCS)
Death -1886 - March quarter - Sculcoates - Murdoch Kelburne King - Age 63 - Volume 9d page 127
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh - GD4/202 - 1863, June 30th - Letter of testimony presented by Kelburne King FRCSEd supporting Struthers candidature for the Chair of Anatomy, Aberdeen University.
Beaton Bethune, Campbell -  ROC
Mitchell Leslie - Aberdeen
Mackintosh, Anderson (Provost) -  Inverness
Boyle, Mckechnie, McPhail, Fulton  - Ireland, Greenock, Kilbrachan
Pearce, Curnoe/Curnow -  Cornwall
Patterson, Robson, Sloan, Campbell, Dixon, Wilson, Ritson, Hedley, Vipond, Coulson -  South Shields, Sunderland, Northumberland, Cumberland
Kitcheham/Kitchingham, Gage -  Kent

Offline mikecovell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Murdoch Kelburne King
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 June 11 14:00 BST (UK) »
I have quiet a lot of material on Doctor Kelburne King, and have spoke with his family at length.  I began exploring King when I discovered he had been named by Robert D'Onston Stephenson as the man that treated him after the shooting at Flamborough in 1868.  I also have evidence that King treated Stephenson in later years on behalf of the Hull Customs.  I have a lot of bmd info, census, photos, maps, newspaper cuttings, and personal notes from King's decendants. 

Here is my article on King and Stephenson and the Incident at Flamborough.
http://www.casebook.org/dissertations/rip-flamborough.html

Hope this helps,

Mike Covell