Author Topic: Edge and Hearn families  (Read 1526 times)

Offline tigger4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edge and Hearn families
« on: Friday 25 January 08 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Edge
I'm hoping for any information on my ggg grandfather George Edge.  I think he married Hannah Marriott and they had probably 7 children one of which I think is my gg grandfather Edward Edge born in Ashover 1823. As far as I can gather, Edward married Jane Clarke and they had approx 11 children one of which was my g grandfather also Edward born 1860. He married Mary Cooper and they had Ellen(my grandmother), Jesse, Florence, Bertha, John, Lillian and Albert. I believe they lived in Canada before my grandmother was born 10 March 1902. Places mentioned in my g aunt's diary were Far Hill, Ashover and Hill Farm.

Hearn
Grandma(Ellen Edge) married Percival Hearn who was born in Ashover 22 April 1896. They were also married in Ashover April 1922. Percival's father, Frederick Hearn was born in Surrey 1859 but later moved to Ashover. I think he married Ellen Walker.
I believe Frederick Hearn died at Broomy Farm in 1931.
Hearn - Lancashire, Derbyshire, Surrey
Edge - Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire
Francis - Denbighshire, Flintshire
Davies - Denbighshire, Flintshire

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edge and Hearn families
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 January 08 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello tigger4

Welcome to RootsChat

I know you have given a lot of information in your first post, but could you tell us what kind of information you are looking for -I know you state "any" information, but very often we look up and find that information has already been obtained.

Do you have your ancestors on every census record?

Is there a census year you are missing for any of them?

Are you looking for BMD's for any of them?

Baptisms?

There is usually a RootsChatter who can help

Enjoy the site

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tigger4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edge and Hearn families
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 January 08 04:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Suz
I have census records for Edward Edge (snr & jnr) 1841 - 1901.
I have census record for a George Edge 1841 - 1861. I'm not sure whether I have the right George though.
My great aunt Jesse left a diary in which she says that George married Hannah Marriott but I can't find anything that mentions her. The census records I found have George Edge married to a Mary.
Unfortunately there is no-one (family) that I can ask and I live in Australia.
I would be very grateful if anyone could provide any slip of information that would confirm that I am on the right track. Or, perhaps someone has an ancestor related to mine.
Regards
Deb
Hearn - Lancashire, Derbyshire, Surrey
Edge - Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire
Francis - Denbighshire, Flintshire
Davies - Denbighshire, Flintshire