Author Topic: Langridge Sussex Hampshire  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Sandie X

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Langridge Sussex Hampshire
« on: Thursday 06 January 05 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Please can anyone help me try to link the Hampshire Langridges with the Sussex Langridges
Any help or names with be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Abbotsbury0
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Langridge - Sussex<br />Butterfield - Yorkshire and Hampshire<br />Davidson - Hampshire<br />Jennings - Hampshire

Online Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Langridge Sussex Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 January 05 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi abbotsbury,

What sort of dates are we looking at here?  And are there any particular places that you are interested in?  To try to connect any families, more details may be needed. ;)

Of all the Langridge (and variants) baptisms listed on BVRI2, over 50% of them are in Sussex.  Only 3% are in Hampshire.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 January 05 22:19 GMT (UK) »
A stray marriage that I came across in Newchurch, Kent - Stephen LANGERAGE (is how I interpreted it at the time) m Angella WOOD 9 Sep 1821.  He may have been an army man if my memory serves me correctly but I don't know where my original notes are at present.

I recall a brief email exchange from a gentleman a couple of years back who was looking for this marriage and I believe it was a Sussex connection.

No known connection, I was just looking for Gypsy WOODs at the time and the name Angella caught my eye.

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sandie X

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 January 05 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your replies, Firstly connecting Hampshire and Sussex Langridge was a general enquiry after any information joining the two counties of Langridges.
Secondly, you are correct with a Stephen Langridge marrying an Angella/ Angelous Woods, they married 09 Sep 1821 Newchurch, Romney Marsh, Kent.
1871 England Census
Angelos Langridge 73  Hythe, Kent, England Wife  St Leonard  Kent   
Stephen Langridge 76  Burwash, Sussex, England Head  St Leonard  Kent 
I would be interested in earlier census information on this couple if anyone has access to it. This couple are in my direct branch of Langridge.
Regards and thanks
Abbotsbury0
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Langridge - Sussex<br />Butterfield - Yorkshire and Hampshire<br />Davidson - Hampshire<br />Jennings - Hampshire