Author Topic: BOSWELL BABY  (Read 8649 times)

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BOSWELL BABY
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 March 08 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Moderator Comment:  References to a living person removed at that person's request.

Offline social-butterflies

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 March 08 10:55 GMT (UK) »
WOW
we all need this mans book. i know its not available now but gosh i would really like to get my hands on one!!! :D

thanks ann. i was just about to put up a new post to say i have found in my local church a marriage between, bruce boswell aged 23, father traifalgar boswell, to emily smith 23, father james smith, witnessed by p. buckley and celia rice on 25/07/1905. anyone know who the witness's were?

can share info if its needed for eastwood church (st laurence and all saints) eastwood, leigh on sea essex. especially after 1900.

amanda
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
smith (inc epping forest)
heron
bibby

Offline AshkeJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • My mother's father - Ellis Howard Adams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 March 08 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for that, Ann!!! Thank you also for looking through what you have, Amanda!

And I think I stumbled across a marriage for Laura Boswell in 1915 to Joseph Dilks. It may not necessarily be the daughter of Trafalgar, but it's there should anyone need it!!

Is anybody in contact with any of the other families descended from Trafalgar? Other than Gordon, that is!!

Many thanks once again! My friend is so pleased and grateful!

Dominic
Holborow/Hurcombe/Halliday - Glos/Wilts
Palmer/Fisher - Collingbournes, Wiltshire
Murray - West Lulworth, Dorset

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 March 08 16:15 GMT (UK) »
WOW
we all need this mans book. i know its not available now but gosh i would really like to get my hands on one!!! :D

amanda

http://www.romanygenes.webeden.co.uk/#/smithleegenealogiesterence/4526371319

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 04 March 08 16:51 GMT (UK) »
well done again ann, you are a star  ;D  ;D  ;D
just sent one of the children to the post box, about time they earnt their keep. ;)

amanda
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 04 March 08 22:26 GMT (UK) »
reply for ashkej,
think there is a mention of algar boswell and wife athalia in the gypsy smiths book, chapter 21 i believe. quite exciting to se family in print!!! :D
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline tiggi

• RootsChat Veteran
  • BETSEY SMITH/ WIFE OF NELSON BUCKLAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 18:54 GMT (UK) »
hi  I have been searching through old newspaper records and found some things that might interest anyone with LEE & BOSWELL connections :

October 13th Tuesday 1795
Bow Street Public Office
Yesterday Stephen Lee, sons John Robert Thomas & Adam and Ambrose Boswell were brought before William Addington Esq charged by William Ironmonger one of the captains of the parole belonging to the above office on suspicon of committing divers footpad robberies in the neighbourhood of NORWOOD
They were apprenhended on sunday evening by Ironmonger and a party of the parole to Norwood The prisoners are all tall stout men and come under the denomination of NORWOOD GYPSIES On the magistrate asking them how they got their living they replied by fortune telling and horse dealing.
It appeared that the prisoners were the terror of the neighbourhood of Norwood All of them stout men and not one of them has any visible means of getting any honest livelyhood they were committed for further examation next wednesday
 Continued : thursday Oct 15th 1795
The Quintruple Alliance were once again paraded before the barr but no charges produced on the contrary some inhabitants of Norwood apeared for them in their favour and testimony under oath of a restpectable person it was manifested that the tribe were regarded more as a protection than a nuisance where a upon their liberty was ordered, but at length a barrier proved insurmountable to their liberty - the Gaol demanded 6s 6d for their discharge  _ and the tawney tribe had not a single sous among them - hence their enlargement was retarded pro temporc

TENETT BUCKLAND & PLATO BUCKLAND ( MY LINEAGE)
  Buckland Smith James Stanley Lovell Loveridge Lee Cooper Penfold/Pinfold Orchard Boswell Broadway Wells

AREAS OF INTEREST CORNWALL DEVON

USA   Worton Stanley Joles Cooper  Jeffrey Small
 all English lines of Roms who are found in America

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kr236rk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 22 August 20 14:19 BST (UK) »
Sorry !!

Shadrack had Taiso/Tisso/Tyso/Tiso Boswell who married Sophia Heron/Hearn/Herring, and later Hannah Williamson Smith.

It was Taiso and Sophia who had Silvester Boswell.

Who was Hannah Williamson Smith please?

Thank you.
Lee, Fountain, Stevens, Kemp