Author Topic: muller family  (Read 22773 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: muller family
« Reply #36 on: Friday 29 February 08 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Have you determined if the Daisy who was perhaps married first to a read, then 2nd husband died ww1 was your Daisy?
i see on another posting that you have received more information ? Can you post it here, on your query? Thanks! J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 29 February 08 21:17 GMT (UK) »
hi not yet as a kind lady at the other Barnados office I emailed has said  she will check for their marriages .
I received a reply from Barndos about Daisy and Rose saying when they went and where they were living in 1907
it is definitely the right girls, am waiting now on photos from them.
Guttentag Keen Kemp Knight Miller Muller Rose Weinberg Weisberg

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 07 April 08 03:26 BST (UK) »
Hi, this is another posting with Rose found in Quebec 1911
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,293466.0.html

and another with the marriage cert
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,290380.0.html

so if Daisy was also  in Quebec, then the one they searched for on this thread was not the correct one?

Please keep the sites for home children up to dfate, as if anyone else is searching they need to find correct information...
also I link to them in the Canada resources thread for home children, so please let us know if we have bogus information posted.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 09 April 08 21:34 BST (UK) »
I wish to thank everyone for their kind help, I now know where when and who Rose married, also about her daughter also Rose, and the fact her Husband was a Lumberman.
Thanks to the help on here..
I am still looking for what happened to Daisy after the 1911 census where she is living with the Hutchinson family in Durham East County Ontario.
Any help gratefully received

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 09 April 08 21:55 BST (UK) »
I don't believe that we had her in 1911...just in 1901...
This is getting incredibly confusing, as it is a long thread, and we like to work on the BHC, but need to know the facts...would you be so kind as to make a little summary of what is known thus far, so that we, or those also searching, can also use the information
Myself, I threw my notes out on this some time ago as I am sure others did as well...I have enough trouble keeping up with my own  :D  J.J.

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 10 April 08 11:34 BST (UK) »
I am sorry you are quite right you did find Daisy on the 1901 census not the 1911
I know ,thanks to kind people on here, that Rose Muller did arrive in Canada with her sister Daisy on The Tunisian in 1900.
Rose married a Daniel Bremner and had a daughter also Rose aged 8 months on the 1911 census records.
Daisy was found on the 1901 census living in the same Lansdowne Avenue as her sister a few doors away.
After that nothing.
I would dearly love to find out more about Rose , for instance did she have more children and when and where she died.
I of course would also love to find out what happened to Daisy.
I have since found Alexander still in the UK so not looking for him now thanks .
I also am not too sure about there being a Lily at the moment so am dismissing her for now,
Hope this clears up whats happened so far.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 10 April 08 21:17 BST (UK) »
I think you need to read all your notes through and also all the threads through, and then make a sheet of what you know for sure, as there is so much conflicting information it is hard to get to the grit of it...For instance, wasn't Daisy found in Ontario on the 1901? and then was found to be Quebec in 1907 ( not 1901) through your Barnados replies...as reported on your other thread?
  :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Was hoping to establish a proper surname for Daniel.... but...
Bremner is what it said on the 19011 census, but on the marriage it said Brimmer...and husband Daniel was born Quebec of Scottish ancestry...( well it says Scotch, but isn't that a drink?) Even Daniel's own handwriting seems to have a dot & appears to be written as Brimner....

This must be the family in 1881, Banlieue, Que.  as "Brimer"
1375847  /  C-13211 /  79
John - Scottish age 23 b. Quebec Laborer  CoE
Georgianna -  French age 23 b. Quebec Catholic
( children all down as Catholic, born Quebec )
John -  age 4
Daniel J. - c. 1879 
Wm. Jos.- Born Mar.

Again as Bremner in 1901...with five more siblings...( set of twins!)
http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census/ViewFrame.jsp?id=83237&highlight=25

and his family  in 1911 as Bremmer...so no further ahead....but may have a maiden name for the mother ( Auger?)
http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census11/SplitView.jsp?id=116996

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 10 April 08 22:50 BST (UK) »
oh thanks so much , I had read it wrong and thought that Daniel had been born in Scotland!!
I am not very good at reading the Canadian census records, where did you see the name Auger ???
I know its Daisy in 1901 not sure about what happened to her after ?? I do wonder if she migrated somewhere else.
I think your right shall have to sit down and sort something out thanks so much for your help much appreciated

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 11 April 08 05:07 BST (UK) »
  The name Auger is on the direct transcription ...if you go to the link I gave you in 1911. The image looks to be right, as other A's are made that way, and he has a distinct "y" He may have been thrown off by her using another surname....as he seems to change his hand there... Auger is an old Quebec name...
   If you follow the images on the censuses... ( see the split screen above ) to the right of each name there is more information, religion, occupation, etc...
   In the older census they put down the age  next birthday, but the ones in the 20th century are the age last birthday...