Author Topic: Cleughbrae , mouswald  (Read 67872 times)

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cleughbrae , mouswald
« Reply #216 on: Sunday 16 May 21 16:12 BST (UK) »
Well I never what times they lived in,very interesting. I am in the middle of house project then in a couple of days I can return your research regards Roger.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Sunday 16 May 21 23:45 BST (UK) »
Never read through this thread before...interesting.

CSC...

My evil h-sister is the great granddaughter William/Jane Hanna and yes Jane Hanna died in Manitoba 13 Mar 1919 and is buried in Miniota where her son Thomas first settled.  It is also on the family stone in Terregles.

Thomas Kerr was an apprentice up in Dysart, Fife and his was mother came with him.  His employer was David Raitt Robertson who owned a machining business.  His daughter Isabella and Thomas held hands.  Thomas and his mother left for Manitoba, Isabella followed and they married 01 Jun 1911 in Winnipeg.  Thomas/Isabella died in Spear's SK where he had a hardware business. 
Isabella died in 1930 and Thomas in 1944.

They had three children; David Raitt Kerr 1912-1945 (2 weeks before my sister arrived he is buried in Hamilton, ON). Margaret 1913-2011 (Shellbrook, SK) and Katherine Isabella 1915-1991 (South Concordia Union, SK). Family still reside in Saskatchewan and Alberta although only five or six still standing. 

So yes, Stoop and my sister are 2nd or 3rd cousins.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Monday 17 May 21 07:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Don I always enjoy reading new information about our families it is constantly expanding our knowledge of our mutual ancestry, it is like a giant jigsaw where we are  trying to fit together the right pieces.Regards stoop.

Offline NicMadge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Friday 11 June 21 10:59 BST (UK) »
Roger, I aim to be in the Mouswald/Dumfries area on Saturday June 26th.  Will you be around?  Would it be possible to meet you?  Nic

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Friday 11 June 21 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Nic that would be good, I have just spoken to my son who is also interested even my wife would like to visit Dumfries again. We live in Liverpool although I was born and raised in Dumfries in the Stoop area to be precise. I will try to put a plan together and agree with you how we go about it regards stoop.

Offline NicMadge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Friday 11 June 21 14:09 BST (UK) »
Excellent!