Author Topic: 1891 and 1901 census look-up please  (Read 12750 times)

Offline pompeygirl1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 and 1901 census look-up please
« Reply #27 on: Friday 27 June 08 19:41 BST (UK) »
Hi, I was roaming around the internet looking for records on Henry Varney Eacott trying to find my great grandmothers maiden name and came across this conversation :o... I nearly spat my tea at the screen.

ok William Arthur Eacott (my great grandfather)1862-1932 Cotterill Glouc married Sarah Jane ? 1873-1944 from Billington Beds. They had four children;
William Arthur Eacott 1896-1954 (my Grandad)
Henry Varney Eacott  1897-1917 ww1
Florence Kate Eacott 1898-1899
Ethel Eacott 1900-?
The family moved from Camberwell (after baby flo died) to Dartford kent.
William Arthur married Amelia Emily Hoare in Dartford 1920 they had 6 sons and moved from Dartford - Farnham - Hartley w - and then out to China where my father Douglas was born in 1925 (British Legation China, Peking) then settled back in  Droxford Hampshire finally moving to the Fareham Portsmouth area. where both died william in 1954 (58) and Amelia 1977 (79)
I was looking trying to figure out my Great Grandma's maiden name as I didn't have a clue. It never registered that it might have been Varney although i always thought it was an odd middle name to give a child. doh! 
Clark~Callaway~Kimber~Benfield~Wright.
Eacott~Hoare~North~Varney.

Restorers feel the freedom... snip/chop/clip/crop/colour/texture till you're all cloned out :))

Offline mentmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 27 June 08 22:34 BST (UK) »

Hi Pompeygirl,

You can always find something on Rootschat.  Sarah Jane (Varney) Eacott was the grandaughter of William and Susannah Varney. William was my 2xgt grandfathers brother.   
Thank you for filling me in on dates etc for the rest of the family.
Anything  that I can help you with please be in touch.

Carol

Offline pompeygirl1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 27 June 08 23:51 BST (UK) »
Hey Carol, nice to meet you, So if sarah Jane was the grandaughter of your 2x grt grandads bro and my great grandma then that makes us...ummm :-\ related lol. k i have a serious headache now ;D
Sandra.

PS why the heck are all my rellies called William / william Arthur? very confusing 

Restorers feel the freedom... snip/chop/clip/crop/colour/texture till you're all cloned out :))

Offline mentmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 28 June 08 00:04 BST (UK) »

Hi Sandra

I shouldn't even try to work that out, but there must be a blood tie however small.
You dont happen to know Sarah Janes mother's maiden name do you? I know it was also Sarah and Sarah Janes father was William but I can't find a marriage.
Also do you know if Sarah J and Wm Arthur Eacott had more children other than the ones you listed as there are several Eacott births in the Dartford area from 1902-1911.
Wouldn't happen to have any photos of Sarah Jane and Wm Arthur Eacott?

Carol

Offline pompeygirl1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 28 June 08 00:50 BST (UK) »
I don't know at the moment but I will find out as much as I can. As for any other children I wouldn't rule it out. there are most likely a few hundred more Williams knocking about somewhere. I will search when I next get back from work. Also I'll ask my mother, she cant remember what she did 10mins ago but she can tell you what she did at 7.32pm tuesday morn nov 1930 lol.
got to go 4 now back in a few days,
Take care
Sandra

Offline ladyynara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 06 December 13 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Very much a shot in the dark, but I am looking for an Eacott (Ecott?) family that adopted my great grandmother around 1907.  All I have is tidbits of information and memories from my grandad.  My great grandmother Frances Sophia Blaney was born 1906 in Poplar, but given up shortly after birth.  Adoptions weren't recorded until 1927, and I can't find her on the 1911 census so I'm wondering if she was recorded as her adoptive parents name.  My grandfather remembers the name Eacott (or Ecott?), and that the father at least was alive during the war, as my grandad went to go see him and the entire street had been flattened, but Mr Eacott was still sitting in his armchair pinned under some rubble, but unhurt.  He remembers him having a wooden arm that he would screw various tools into, and that the old mans wife and family had evacuated to Cornwall.   Probably in the Charlton/Greenwich area.
London: Brown, Blaney, Rose, Haine, Tregunno, Harley, Cox
Devon: Willis, Phare, Stedwill, Edwards, Bissett
Also Shelton USA & UK and Schmidt Germany

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 06 December 13 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Flagging up an identical query to reply #33  on London & Middlesex

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=670223.msg5153485
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).