Author Topic: McIntyres ( and McCorquodale) of Parish Kilmore  (Read 4088 times)

Offline cassmob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
McIntyres ( and McCorquodale) of Parish Kilmore
« on: Thursday 14 February 08 13:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

I am fishing to see if anyone out there is descended from the family of Nicol McIntyre (c1795) and Mary McCorquodale/McCorkindale (christened 1794 Inishail) who married in Glasgow in 1823.

Census information from 1841 and 1851 combined with Scotlands people search tell me that their children were:
Archibald McIntyre (8 Oct 1824) May have married Ann (possibly McGrigor) prior to 1841 as he is with an Ann in the census but this makes him very young at marriage.
Donald McIntyre (2 Sept 1827)
Sarah McIntyre (6 July 1830)
Duncan McIntyre (29 June 1835)

In both 1841 and 1851 census they were living in or near Dumstaffnage, parish Kilmore. Nicol is shown as a fisherman on the 1841 census as is Archibald and later Duncan.

Mary's death certificate in 1856 confirms her parents as Duncan McCorquodale and Ann Campbell which makes her a sister to my ancestor, James McCorquodale/McCorkindale and Hugh McCorquodale/McCorkindale.

Would be pleased to hear from anyone who is descended from these children.

Thanks

Cassmob
McCorkindale (Glasgow, London and Australia); McCorquodale (Argyll and Gloucs); Sim (Stirlingshire); Melvin (Leith); Kunkel (Bavaria); O'Brien (Clare, IRL); Partridge (Gloucs); Morrison (Strachur, Argyll); Gavin (Kildare and Queensland); Murphy (Wicklow); Sherry (Tullamore, Wexford and Australia); Paton (Robert and Madge or children in Govan); Paton (Dundee); Paton (Qld Australia 1910+); McDavid (Wigtown)